Monday, February 6, 2006

Clouds in Reflection

John's Monday Photo Shoot begged for my attention. I love to photograph clouds. I have a boxful of cloud pictures taken in my pre-digital camera days, back when I had a 35mm, single-lense reflex, Ricoh camera. Loved that camera. It was heavy, but it took great pictures. I loved to sketch clouds when I was younger, the dramatic night time mountainous ones that build up over the Carolina coast, while my husband and son fished off the pier, pondering life's puzzles.

The only cloud pictures I have on my computer are the ones I took last May and June of 2005 while photographing our koi... I had noticed how clear the water was that day, and how the wispy clouds made for a fun challenge that reminded me of graphic artist MC Escher's print, The Three Worlds.

That was before I was aware of aol journals, before my ant habitat began, before I even knew there was such a thing as space age blue gel ant habitats, before I went to Pisgah Forest Institute to learn about microinvertebrates, light pollution, and The Lorax.

I didn't have a clue then that one day I'd be posting my digital pictures of our koi pond on the internet, in a public journal, for the blogging world to see.

Blogging has transformed me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pond and images.
Tess
http://journals.aol.com/tc01hm/FirstDigitalPhotos

Anonymous said...

Hi.......I just found your journal in Mr. Scalzi's journal and let me say I am glad I found it...........I love the photos of the clouds in your journal. I think your photos are beautiful.........I keep a journal titled "Dear Diary" my link is ----------> http://journals.aol.com/southernmush/DearDiary/

I hope you come by for a visit.............Take care and I will be back for another visit soon............

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bea,
Huggs! What a beautiful group of photos!
I love the! bea yu should enter them in a national competition in New York or LA they are fantastic!love,nat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Bea!  You are the second journal I have read today, where the writer did a beautiful picture montage' using clouds as her featured subject.  Must be something about those big puffy things that intrigue people.. :)

So glad that you are feeling better too!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

great pictures of the clouds and your koi pond.

betty

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have a koi pond in your yard! I'd love to hear more about your trip to the Forest Institute. The ant farm & taking the time to enjoy the clouds brings back memories. I think I'll go check out some clouds today! :)
Hugs, ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Yep.. it has transformed me to!!!! lol.......... Great photos!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!  Michelle