Monday, February 6, 2006

Finally, Relief!

I don't know how I got through the day, but somehow I did. The head-ache held me hostage, worsening throughout the day. I took two liquid cap Advils before I went to school, and two time-released Tylenol just before lunch. By my 1:15 class, the most rambunctious class of the day as they are restless from having just eaten lunch, I finally confessed to the headache, and they were sympathetic, somewhat.

As the minutes ticked by, my eyes felt heavier and heavier. The classroom light was too bright for my sensitive pupils. Confounding it all was that the room temperature was way too hot, reaching up to 88 degrees at one point. I had to keep my classroom door open to make it more comfortable for anyone who didn't thrive in sub-Saharan conditions.

Well, after school there was a Leadership Team meeting, which I attended, and faithfully took minutes on the laptop. The meeting lasted about an hour or so. As I walked down the hall to my room, I had to close my eyes from time to time to relieve the pain from the light. I drove home, let the dogs out, let them back in, found the soft throw blanket that I love to snuggle in at night, and curled up on the bed. Took a nap at 4:30.

I slept until the phone rang at about 5:30... got up and felt, well, I felt pretty decent. I turned my head this way and that, and wow! what a difference. The headache wasn't completely gone, but enough of it was gone to make me feel joyous.

So I cooked dinner (spaghetti and meatballs), relishing the fact that I no longer was in pain.

I thought about how euphoric I feel when the pain finally goes away. Maybe the headaches are an occasional reminder of how good I feel when I don't have them, and not to take those days when I don't have a headache for granted.

Well, I have to go now. Sitting at the computer too long could bring it back. Thank you for your caring comments. I promise to come visit your journals this week. I haven't been around as much as I had in previous weeks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bea,
Ah! I hope tht these ehadachesa re not coming too often,,I love you so much! I lvoe to read about your life! Of course, I'm happier when youare happier! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.  Headaches are so intolerable.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the old joke:

"Why do you keep baging your head against the wall?"
"Because it feels so good when I stop!"

I just hope you find a way to reduce the first part of the process.

Karen

Anonymous said...

glad you finally got some relief; those headaches can be so painful

betty

Anonymous said...

Lack of pain RULES!   Stay well, buddy..
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness you are feeling better!  What a trooper you are, though!  Still keepin on keepin on, even when you were in so much pain!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better today!
I was getting opticular migranes yesterday myself. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

I have a headache tonight!! It's one of those things I could do without!!! Glad you are better!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)