Okay, so I had momentarily considered not having a hit counter, especially in light of the fact so many others have experienced this problem.
Many of you sent me emails regarding this issue, and others left comments. Thank you all.
I had emailed our MagicSmoke Journal Editor Joe, and he sent me the entry link which would help me restore my counter. I thought I'd give it a try before giving up completely.
The result is, my hit counter is back, and I've reset it to where it should be if I added the last 74 hits to the total I saw just before it disappeared.
Do you know that your hit counter keeps counting, even if you don't see it? I didn't know that!
Which means, if you remember what your counter number was at, say two months ago it was 6050, and you got frustrated like me and decided not to try to restore it. You can go back and see what the hits have been like since they disappeared. For example, you may have 1038 more hits since it went out. The odometer will show you that count when you go to change your hit counter. All you have to do is add that new number to your former number, and you have a new total.
Anyway, this information just in case you miss the hit counter and want to try getting it back.
I followed the directions from Joe's link, very slowly I might add, but it worked. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Here is Joe's link to get your counter back:
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/622
Also, I'm going to add a link to that entry in my favorite sites, if there is room to add one more, so that I can find it quickly next time.
Good luck if you decide to try restoring and resetting your hit counter.


5 comments:
Good for you! I think I'm going to switch from my BlogPatrol one to something else. It's still invisible - and I'm pretty sure it's not recording the hits. (Heh - sounds like a studio sound engineer!) - K
glad you got your hit counter working again and thanks for the info. I decided just to delete mine and keep it deleted. It doesn't matter to me how many "hits" I get.
Enjoy your Valentine's day
betty
Interesting - I haven't looked at mine in ages. Guess I'll have to see if its working. Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day! ~ L
Dear Bea
((((Be my Valentine, Buddy!)))))
love,nat
I took mine off to... I think I will try restoring it!!! Hopefully it will work!! Thanks! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)
Post a Comment