Monday, July 24, 2006

Name that plant!

For those of you who are gardeners or plant enthusiasts, here is a quiz.

What is the name of this plant?

I'm waiting for the flowers to bloom. They would be a dead give away!

Be the first to identify it!

Bonus question: In which two continents are these plants native?

I'll post the answer in three days if no one recognizes it, but I'm thinking we have a plant expert amongst J-land readers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No idea on th plant, but what's the name of the frog?

Anonymous said...

BTW, to answer Karen's question, I don't know the name of the froglet on the leaf, so if you know that one too, I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

THey look like Elephant Ears, but there's no split at the top of the leaf like our EE's have, so I guess I don't know.  

Anonymous said...

Good try, Gwynn, but not Elephant ears! I'll give a clue: the flowers will open up by day, and close by night. bea

Anonymous said...

I don't see any pictures :(

Anonymous said...

Don't know!
Lori

Anonymous said...

After I looked at the enlarged photos, I think it looks like a pumpkin or a squash plant, but I've never seen one that large!
Lori

Anonymous said...

No, it's not a pumpkin or squash plant, Lori... good guess. I'll give a clue in the next entry.

Anonymous said...

gee Bea Shrugs you got me!
hugggggggggs'natalie