As luck would have it, this being a three day weekend for many, including myself, I became too sick to make any entries... actually sick enough to stay in bed all the weekend, until today. I got up in between the temperature checks and getting something to drink to check emails, made a few comments in others' journals, let the dogs out. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen have helped to keep the fever below 102, and just awhile ago the thermometer read 98.8. Tussinex for the coughing. I will call my doctor tomorrow if I haven't improved.
It's after five pm and tomorrow I will either be in the classroom or there will be a sub. Either way, I have lesson plans to write up. So I'm off to school to get my plans and materials together. The catch is that it would be far better for me to go in and make it through the day (providing I don't have the fever) tomorrow than it would be to spend three hours planning and writing up four pages of lesson plans.
I know, the teachers out there are saying "I have my plans written by Friday when I leave the school." One needs scheduled planning time between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. and often that time is taken up by meetings, both planned and unplanned. I'm getting tired of hearing myself say it as well. I have classes back to back all the day long, every day. I slip in my plans when I can, but the best way I've found to deal with my lack of planning times is to go in on Sundays. Except when I am sick on Sundays. Like yesterday.
The last three weeks of school are of the most intense in the life of the school community, as are the first three.
Next year, I hope to have a better schedule.
Thank you for all of your comments about my toe... grin... but this little virus is causing a great deal more discomfort than the toenail removal did.
Blah... but at least I had today to stay in bed!!


16 comments:
So sorry to hear you have been sick all over the holiday, what rotten luck. I hope you get better soon.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/
The instant I read "virus" I quaked in my socks
for your well-being mnus your computer for a little while.
Oh but thank goodness you have caught something manageable
a mere infection. My confidence in your medications is total
'cause you're so dutiful and rsponsible. Get well! Soon!!
Gee, how are you gonna mourn the war dead if you're such?
Luckily I'm poor, not rich, so I can't rush there with a plane load
of advanced doctors to administer a quick fix which you'll be
able to do alone.
I short, I'm beside myself with anxiety for your wellbeing.
Barry
Hope your feeling better soon. I hope your toenail is better as well, you won't want to go to school in open-toed sandals if the rain keeps up!
B. x
Get well soon, Bea
you poor thing, I hope you are feeling better. Nothing worse than working and being sick.
Sorry to hear you have been sick the entire holiday weekend! Keepin you in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo
I hope you will be over your virus for the upcoming week. I have been doing a lot of resting as it was the only way I could function when I got up. mark
Sorry that you are feeling sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon! I definitely don't have my lesson plans written out by Friday. All of our programs our so scripted, it's ridiculous for us to even do plans. We pretty much just read from a book!
Hugs,
Amber
Oh Bea, I do hope that you are feeling better soon! Illness never comes at a convenient time does it!!! You sure could have done without this right now when you are in your final weeks of the school year! Saying a little prayer for you that you will feel alot better soon and back to your normal healthy self!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Oh my gosh, girl! Guess what?? I have the same toe infection...on the same toe, same foot. I recognize it from your writing. So I've read VERY carefully what all the options were, and particular note of the anti-sticking gauze.
How long before you can go back to working out??? I've been determined to get to the gym every day this summer & get back to the old me (size 4). I'm not happy to hear I'll have to skip gym while my toe heals. Looks like I'm going to literally be following in your footsteps. I'd better make an apptmt.
And make it easy on yourself on the plans!!! It's end of year! Have the sub do a review!
Dare I rub it in that I'm on vacation now??? :-))) Nah...'cause then you can rub it in that your toe is done BEFORE YOUR summer vacation! hehe...
hugs, sher (wunzuponatime)
sorry to hear you have been so sick; hope you are feeling better.
Maria
So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I know you will be busy, I homeschooled 4 of my 7 childeren for about 5 years and I loved using a big planner book that made refer to other books that had pre planned assignments, even being a homeschool teacher/mother/wife was all time consumer, and I even worked part time....younger days...more energy than now or mabey just more passionate than now! Please feel free to check out my journal..I'm new at this, and even though I was in honors english in collage my spelling has gone south for some reason was hoping to get better with journaling...LOL...am dyslexic [prabably not spelled correctly!] Be careful not to much tylenol, I once became very sick because of it when I had a virus...my liver stopped getting tylenol out and it built up in my liver..I almost died..the tylenol gave me a fever because of what it was doing to my liver, and I kept taking it not knowing that could happen...it took 3 months to recover...I had minor stroke in my eye, lost partial vision in rt. eye, due to blood clot probably from liver trying to recover. I don't think people realize what tylenol can do to them, without warning, even when taken as directed...it's dangerous! Stay well, best of wishes for a peace filled end of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I do hope you feel better soon, Bea! You have been sick so much this year..:(
It's time for good health to abound, wouldn't you agree??
Love, hugs and prayers of good health
Jackie
Hope you're feeling better. The toe MUST keep up the fight!
Mik
I'm glad you did go the visit your doctor. Ya know, Bea, I hear so many say that teachers our overpaid. It annoys me at best and infuriates me because a good teacher puts in far more time than what they are paid for. If you added all the hours you spend working on things, I bet many would be shocked at the hourly rate. Hoping your schedule is kinder next year. Chris
good grief Bea! get well soon!
love,nat
Post a Comment