"God is great! But sometimes life ain't so good." These are the chorus words to Martina's song here.
As you watch the video, be sure to pay attention to the words written ... the thoughts of the people who are standing at a crosswalk together, each lost in their own thoughts about their desires and wishes for their lives. You see them in the first few seconds just walking across the street, then throughout the video, you will see what each individual is thinking. Some are so poignant, like the couple. He wants to marry her, she wants to be left alone... the old man who just wants to be needed.
I just woke up from a five hour nap. A much needed nap, it seems. I had taken a half-day of sick leave, first to get a chest x-ray, then to come home and go to bed, which I did promptly. What a revival it was. The rest I could not find during the nights came to me during this one lengthy nap. I feel good.... relatively.
After I woke up, I let the dogs out, turned on the TV (it was time for the news to come on), and there was this Martina McBride video. Good timing. I loved her words... they inspire us to do more than we think we are capable of doing.
I went to the doctor yesterday. Had too many symptoms, and the tiredness was preventing me from being 100%. I do not like being in the classroom and not feeling 100%, you know?
She suspected pneumonia... was surprised because I had the same thing back in December. This time it's in the other lobe. Antibiotics treated it last time, so we're shooting for the same again this time.
Taking the nap today helped a great deal in restoring my spirit.
I'm not a big country music fan... I don't listen to the radio very much... I've not had the opportunity to hear this song before, nor this singer. However, this one struck a chord in my heart. It speaks to what I believe... and I think many of us believe.... that despite the obstacles in our lives and the storms that wreck through, we will overcome and keep forging ahead. Whether we understand or not, we sense that there is something more powerful influencing our lives, and we want to be part of that power.
Life is fragile, be bold anyway.
Thank you all for your comments of concern... seems I have been sick quite a bit these past nine months, but I did change schools this year. Different environment... maybe new germs? I don't know, but I'm getting better again. Just in time for the last week of school.


13 comments:
I can't watch the video with my dial up without taking an hour to load it, lol . I hope you are getting over the pneumonia and a rest will help a lot. I could not sleep all of last night with the weather change to rain and slept an hour or so but rested some today. I was just reading on my back about the Millennium Project in Africa and have more to read in the 'Wilson Quarterly'. Malaria has been cut in half and other improvements are being made. The debate is if the improvement will be sustainable once the project leaves and the villages are on their own. I think it is a valuable effort in the right direction. mark
Great song.!! You might want to take the pnemonia shot each year it might help
Donna In TEXAS
I love this song!! One of my current favs! I am a country music fan. I used to line dance...kept me at a size four back then! ha! Still love it..might go back to it.
I hope you're feeling better soon! Yes, not unusual for us to catch things. It's a four to five year cycle, good for that length of time 'til the next bout to build our immunities. Just hang in there, gal. It's also probably the stress of realizing it's the end of the year & trying to make it all the way. It just seems to build up at those times. BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!!! Slow down & rest.
mucho hugs, sher (wunzuponatime)
Do hope by now that the antibiotices is kicking in abd you are really begining to feel more "human It is a nice thoughth for you that the school term ends next week. You can then look forward to areal rest. How long are your hols.? Our children have had this past week of as a mid term andn them back next week till mid.July. Take care love sybilsybil45
I loved this video and I love Martina McBride. I am a great fan of country music, which is something we just dont' get over here. When I go home in a few weeks time I am going to spend some time glued to my mother's CMT! I do hope that you are feeling alot better soon Bea. I'll say a little prayer to that end!
Love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
I love this song, but had not seen the video yet. I do have the CMT channel, but am not as IN to Country as I used to be, although I do enjoy it on occasion. This song and the video does speak volumes
Praying for your good health to return my friend..
Love and prayers
jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/
Yours is the first sound video I've played
with, and seen and heard, with, my minimal
Windows Vista (yuck) software.. Sure, the singer and
the song are splendid, the words inspirational, and
I'm tickled my computer works well enough to view
it. I like popular music. Example: DRIVE by The
Cars. The young man's unattainable love is
ruining her life and he is agonizingly powerless
to save her. That's a very popular song, or was,
that well deserves to be loved by grownups. Ditto,
the Rock Ballad ONE OF US by Joan Osborne. If,
perchance, you're too young to have listened to
the words to this ballad I can say I'm almost
positive you'd approve.
Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/
Loved the video, Bea. I really need to sign up for YouTube. Ugh to the pneumonia. I have had it twice now in the past few years. It seems once you get it, you become susceptible to it. My supervisor was walking around with it and didn't realize he had it. Glad you got some rest. I've always believed that obtacles and grief make us what we are today. Chris
I came by again, listened again to the song,
half-remembered that "God is great" might be
from the Joan Osborne ONE OF US song.
But I'm replying again because I'm a bit worrid
that health is not totally yours at the moment.
My bedside manner sucks so I have to rely on your
fine translation skills. Life here is not as good
as when you are in tip top shape. Be well, and
you are in my thoughts.
Barry
I hope you are feeling so much better by now. I know two people in our area who have had a really bad flu, and one has had pneumonia. Hope the antibiotic worked quickly.
Lori
Martina McBride is one of my favorite singers; I think that she has the sweetest voice! I love this song. I'm actually quite a country music fan and I'd like to recommend a Brooks and Dunn song, "Believe," that I think that you might also like. It's on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLA06UmFg0s
Sheria
ANYWAY hung on the wall over the door in Calcutta where Mother Theresa served. It is famous but I am not sure whether she wrote it or not. I think she did. This song is based on that poem which is much longer. Martina sings with a heavenly annointing doesn't she?
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WishingandHoping/
dear Bea,
wahta beautiful entry!
thank you!
love,natalie
Post a Comment