Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Getting better!

Just a quick note to let those who get my alerts, and other friends, that I am recovering. From both the toenail-removal, and the pneumonia. I had the chest x-ray, and the doctor said it doesn't look like pneumonia after all, but bronchitis. Just the same, I am recovering, if a bit slowly. The antibiotics and sleeping every chance I could were the best remedies, I believe.

Feeling much better today than two days ago.

School dismisses 1/2 day this Friday. I have so much to do. Tonight I'm going to a surprise retirement dinner for our principal. It's being catered, and we're all dressing up. For teachers and staff and their spouses only. I'll have a band-aid on my toe, and I'll be wearing open-toed sandals, but otherwise, I plan to dress up for the occasion.

I don't have much time to ruminate tonight, but just wanted to give a big NC holler to everyone. "I'M OKAY... THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL AND CARING COMMENTS!!"

BTW, River is back. I just got his alert today. He had been homeless for four months in Las Vegas, but is no longer. Can't wait to read what's been going on in his life. Here's his link. http://journals.aol.com/riversharki/JESUSLOVESYOU/

 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are on the mend...and it is about time.  I know you are looking forward to feeling like yourself again.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing better, have had you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Sugar

http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/INHISNAME/
other journals on my side bar  :)


Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're getting better now, Bea.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, if only I had a few grand
I'd send you one of those standup, 2-wheel
vehicles with which you could make an
entrance at the Teacher's Do. Please,
get well soon or sooner....

Barry

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your feeling better hon! Thanks for the heads up on River, was wondering how he was doing. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hate I didn't know you were feeling poorly!  Hope you're soon better.  Saying a prayer.  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you Bea and so glad that you are feeling better.  Try not to do too much too soon and knock yourself back again!  I'm glad that it wasn't pneumonia, but still do take care!!!  Hope you enjoyed the retirement dinner!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are almost back to normal. Hope that you had a wonderful time last night and when you get back you will tell us about it. Your holidays are now almost here bet you will have a lovely rest then...just what the Dr, orders I think. sybilsybil45

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are feeling better. Take it easy and keep getting your rest.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Well, girl...if ya could just get all this behind you, come Friday you'll be off on a GREAT summer vacation! :-)
Hope you continue to improve!!! Hang in there til Friday!
hugs, sher (wunzuponatime)

Anonymous said...

get better.....feel better!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea.  Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.  And glad you're recovering.  : )  Schools almost out right?  unless your working summer school.  I think my MIL is working summer school this year but none of my children had to go thank goodness.  Although I "should" have sent my 8yo son voluntary. lol  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hey Bea,
Just stopping by to say hello. Glad your feeling better. Any kind of respiratory problems are always miserable but especially at the start of summer... yuk! Hope you post how the retirement party went... God Bless...

Mik

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, Bea.  I hope you'll be back to 100% very soon.  Have fun at the retirement party Friday.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Bea, I just worry about you so much.  It seems you have been sick so much this year, and those lung problems are horrible.  I'm so glad that you're feeling better though.  Please stay healthy, okay?  You worry me!

Prayers and love
Jackie

Anonymous said...

As time passes and no recent entry I
think of all the times you gave to us,
time to be empathetic, and I personally
feel so powerless to be of use to you,
and return the favor of your kind spirit.
As I learned recently St. Vincent said
that kindness came from unselfishnes.
You are one of the most kind people I have
ever 'spoken' to. May God bless you and
allow your complete recovery very soon.

Yours with a prayer,
Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


Anonymous said...

Hi Bea, I don't know what happened, but I haven't been receiving your alerts. I just reset it. I had no idea that you were so ill! Thank goodness you're on the road to recovery. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Please continue to rest and take care of yourself. Love, Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/
PS When you're feeling better, we need to get together for another lunch!