This is my last entry for the evening... possibly for the weekend.
You see, I'm going on a little adventure tomorrow morning, one that I had not planned. It's one of those serendipitous events that we should all hope for and welcome when they happen.
You might remember that I explained (in a previous entry) how I came to my new teaching position for next school year.... but what you don't know is that the teacher whom I'll be replacing is in the process of moving to the mountains. Tomorrow.
She had knee surgery just over a week ago, while I was off at the coast playing with coastal clay and pondering dead flying ants. I found out she'd had knee surgery the day before we left for the beach.
She's on crutches now, so I offered to be her legs these past two days, helping her pack up the things she'll need to take with her, while at the same time putting away everything she is leaving behind. Teachers have to leave their classrooms all neat and tidy for the floor cleaners who come over the summer, you know.
When I found out she was only taking what she could pile in her car, I offered to drive my car too, so she could take twice as much stuff. She'll need someone to help her haul all those boxes into her house. Me!
Besides, I wanted to go to the mountains for a two-day trip. I love the mountains in North Carolina.
I don't know exactly where we are going, but it will take us four hours to get there. I'm taking my camera with me, so I hope to have some interesting photos when I return.
Have a good weekend, all!


17 comments:
What a great, fun, helpful thing to do! - K.
Have a lovely weekend. Looking forward to the pictures. It is so lovely to be able to help a friend isn't it. LOve sybil x
Bea, you are qualifying well for
assistant Sainthood. (to avoid hubris
I just had to add "assistant" just in case.)
Drive with four eyes, and radar.
Have a great time in the mountains.
Barry
Have a great weekend. B. x
All though you will be busy ,Have a good time and I look forward to your entry telling of your adventures ..love Jan xx
Ever the helpful one, with a heart of gold... That is how I would describe you, Bea, if someone were to ask me. I do hope you enjoy yourself, and get lots of pictures. I'm sure this other teacher really appreciates your help..
Hugs
jackie
Hope you have a great time, wherever you're going, Bea
You are such a caring person. I feel so honored to know you personally! Hope you have a great time! Luvya ~ Caroline ~
An excuse to escape to the Mountains is a good one! Enjoy yourself hon! (Hugs) Indigo
What a sweetheart!!! We certainly know what she's going through, don't we?! I tease my sons & tell them my only regret to them growing older is that now that they've moved, I no longer have their TALL, STRONG bodies to help me move my school stuff! They tease back & say that's what helped them to move on! ha!
Have fun! Let me know if you get near Lake Toxaway/Cashiers/Brevard. My parents have property up there still.
Oh yeah...as for that substance washing up...hmm...maybe you can appeal to the local papers there??
hugs, sher http://journals.aol.com/swferstl/wunzuponatime/
enjoy the mountains.
Julie
oh, I love NC too. Have a good time, well as good as can be had hauling boxes. lol I hope you get some sight seeing in too. Love, Shelly
unusual travel arrangements are tap dancing lessons form the gods.
Kurt Vonnegut
Marti
That is very nice of you to join her on her trip and to provide the extra room in addition to the mobility. It is also quite nice that you will be able to visit the mountains. Except for some evening storms, I think you had some great weather this past weekend.
Greg
What a lovely post i felt like i had taken the trip with you. You made it come alive.
Jenny <><
Hi Bea, it's sad to see a friend leave but what a trip you are embarking on. I skimmed through the first entry. Now, I'm going back. The Smoky Mountains are stunning, to say the least. Chris
I hope the adventure went off very well Bea! thanks so much for this interesting entry!
love ya,natalie
Post a Comment