Friday, June 29, 2007

This artist paints on a rotating canvas!

                            

If you have never seen this video clip before, you are in for a real surprise! Watch it all the way through. It's a little over five minutes long, but worth watching... especially if you enjoy the unexpected.

(Just click once on the arrow in the middle of the image... two clicks will take you to the YouTube website to view it.)

This is artist Dan Dunn. I had never heard of him or seen his work prior to an email I received this morning from Sher (SWFerstl). She sent me the link to the YouTube video.

The artist paints to the rhythm of music, on a black canvas that can be manipulated and spun around as he paints. He paints from various angles, but you never really know what he's painting until the very end. I was so surprised.

This guy blends art with entertainment in a new way... he paints on stage like a performer, but produces a very memorable finished product.

Thanks, Sher, for sending me this one. Well worth looking into.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was marvelous and I too was amazed at the end result.Certainly a most talented man. Very entertaining,thanx for sharing,I will pass this video on,I know lots of people who will enjoy this in my family.Have a great week/end Take care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

 That is just wonderful.  I saw a woman do something very similar on her bare stomach and chest one time.  Perfect image of Nixon.  She was on our local news with a top on, of course.

              Julie

Anonymous said...

This is amazing ...what a talent ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That was great, very enjoyable.  I envy anyone who can create a picture, sigh!!
I will look out more of his stuff.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

Cool - thanks for sharing. Always love a great art piece here hugs, ~L

Anonymous said...

What an extraordinary performance! Although I loved the Ray Charles music, it never crossed my mind that he was painting a portrait of Ray Charles! I'm so glad that you shared this!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Just wanted to say,have a nice weekend,Happy 4th of July.

Anonymous said...

I checked this out earlier..  someone else had it in their journal.  I thoroughly enjoyed his style of painting, and was curious as to what it would end up being.  When he turned the canvas and I saw it was Ray Charles.. I was flabbergasted.  Wouldn't have guessed that at all!  Thanks for sharing, Bea!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Amazingly Awesome! I couldn't believe it was Ray Charles when he first started painting. Incredibly talented! Thanks for sharing hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Wow, my SO thinks it is Ray Charles

Mary

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Bea!
Be sure to go to his website, too! It's amazing!
mucho hugs, sher    http://journals.aol.com/swferstl/wunzuponatime/

Anonymous said...

thanks Bea!
you're terrific!
love,natalie