"Weekend Assignment #193: Share one of your favorite comfort foods. Because it's just about the time of year for them, isn't it? Getting chillier and with the cold comes the desire for warm food that makes you happy. Hello! Comfort food.
Extra credit: Well, a picture of your favorite comfort food would be nice, and might also make me hungry."
Lucky me, the Weekend Assignment was extended one more day, so I do get to make an entry. It's about comfort food.
I have lots of comfort foods, different foods for different seasons. It's cold now, so something that goes with a cup of hot tea is a comfort food for me. I'm drinking my hot cup of tea as I type. One spoon of sugar and some milk, thank you.
I love the Pumpkin Roll one of my teacher friends bakes every year. She and her son bake them to raise money for their youth group ministry, so I bought several to give as gifts this year. They freeze well. They're filled generously with cream cheese filling.
Of course, I had to thaw one out for the week after Thanksgiving, as we had Pumpkin pie and that delicious Bavarian Cream filled cake with whipped cream topping for dessert on Thanksgiving (my son's birthday as well).
Anything with cream cheese filling is a comfort food for me.
Oh, look, I have two slices set out for us... won't you stop in for a cup of tea and a slice of homemade pumpkin roll? Come and set a spell with me... <grin>.


15 comments:
((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))That looks sooooo good.Have a good evening.
ohhhhhhhh yum! With the weather we are having I'm finding comfort in Hot Cocoa :)
hugs
d
Make it hot chocolate & I'm there, gal! I LOOOOVE pumpkin roll! And it's supposed to FINALLY get chilly here. ha! High of 70s this week. See what we call chilly??? lol...
hugs, sher (wunzuponatime)
Can beer be considered a comfort food? ;)
Russ
Ohh, that looks so yummy Bea! Comfort food for me is just about any food. I know . . . that's a problem. :-)
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
I'm on my way !! flight booked.....see you soon.....Love Sybil
PS can you make me a nice rice pud. my fav. or some lovely homemade potato soup !! Love Sybil xx
Sounds just like what I need at the moment - put the kettle on - mine's tea, no sugar
Mary
I am STARVING
Marti
Brown rice is my fav. comfort food.
Makes me oh so regular. Round swirls
with a diameter a bit larger than my palm,
filled with raisons is another but mainly
because I'm so fond of the Thai Mom
and her sons who own a Donut joint I frequent.
Those who serve the food are what gives me "comfort."
My weight is down to only 161, an adult all time low
for me, so I'm force-feeding myself. Your
comforts are civilized and popular: mine atavistic.
You win!!! Ha ha ha ha....... Do you say grace at home?
One such goes, "Bless us oh Lord, and these thy
gifts which we are about to receive, Amen."
Astounding I remember because its been many decades
since I was in a home where grace was said, any grace....
And at that it was at my cousin's home.
Thanks for your enlivening my laggard memory.
Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/
LOL...I'm on my way, Bea. I LOVE pumpkin roll and the tea sounds great since the snow keeps falling in Pa...grrr. I'm craving some chili or a nice pot of beef stew right now. Hugs Chris
Am I too late to get a slice? ;)
That Pumpkin Roll looks so delicious! Mmmm--Sheria
Hi Bea,
Sorry I have been absent from commenting for so long. Truthfully I do not have time to read journals much anymore, and I miss it, but I am working very hard and doing lots of interesting things as regards archaeology etc. However, I'm glad I stopped by today - that pumpkin pie looks fantastic! and its lovely to see that you are writing as usual and keeping well.
Best wishes,
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/
2006/2007 Journal Index
Yum! I love almost any desert with pumpkin in it. Those rolls looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Always, Rose~*
Hi Bea! Thanks for stopping by! Those pumpkin rolls look delicious!
Julie
Post a Comment