Monday, June 12, 2006

YEAYYYYYYY!! Vacation begins today.

Summer Vacation Begins for me today!

I just finished a half-day at school, gathering up the last of the things that needed to come home, sending student work folders off to their middle schools, and checking off all the things that needed checking by various departments to make sure that all books and materials are in the room and accounted for, or in their proper places in other rooms.

I said a few goodbyes (I'm going to miss them all), completed my yearly Individualized Growth Plan with my principal (All teachers have to start the IGP in the first month of school, noting individual areas they desire to improve upon or develop further, and complete it in the spring. It's one measure of growth accountability. You say what you want to do, then you do it, then you show evidence that you did it.), sent off a couple of important emails to middle school teachers, then packed up the car, drove to town for lunch with a colleague, and stopped at the bank.

I came home, unloaded the car. Thought I'd share my jubilation for the moment before going to wash my car.

Now I'm gearing up for the trip to DISNEY WORLD!! Clothes to wash, house to clean, bags to pack... you know.

YEAYYYYYYY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.......  alright then! :)   Sounds like you've got it all done, and are ready for a nice long vacation!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation!  I can't believe you guys are just getting out of school.  Our kids' last day was May 19th.  But, I'm sure we'll start back way earlier (Aug. 18th I think)

Have fun!
Hugs,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VACATION! HAVE FUN! :)
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hooray!  Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

It's about time I heard a TEACHER exclaim they were going to "Disney World" at the end of a season! Yeah! It gets tiring listening to overpaid athletes screaming "I'm going to Disney World!" at the end of some chamipionship game. <grin> Go teachers! Have a great vacation!
Patrick