Mr. Blue Skimmer returned today... probably never left ... possibly the same one... I recognize the piece missing from his top left (his left, not yours!) wing, on the bottom of it.
As I was driving away to school, my trunk filled with storage cubes of lesson files, books, and a stepladder, I looked to my left, wondering if there'd be any dragonflies hovering over the pond. Sure enough, I saw one.
I stepped out of my car to take its picture, and just like the other day, a female flew through, and flit, buzz, buzz, boom... they're flying in tandem. I wasn't as successful capturing their brief interlude today, though I did manage to get a better picture of her washing the eggs off into the water.
I can understand, if it is the same one... he has the perfect arrangement: plenty of food, water, attractive surroundings, females flying through on a regular basis, and a little pond for her to lay their eggs.
I'm supposing neither of them notice the tadpoles and frogs swimming in that pond. Sadly, their progeny are doomed.
And here's what I really wanted to show you today.... my new classroom!
It's one of those trailer buildings... and it's huge inside. Air conditioned. Bathroom. Lots of cabinets and storage space. .... carpeted... I am delighted!
I was all prepared to move into the other classroom where I would be sharing the room with another EC teacher. I heard the news today after I dropped my things off.
I was asked did I want it? You bet I did!
I AM SO EXCITED!
But I can't move in until after Monday when the former teacher of that classroom has moved her things out. She's moving into one of the newest classrooms, a wing just completed this summer.
This classroom I'm getting is about four times larger than what I had for the past seven years. I realize bigger isn't always better, and size has nothing to do with it, but it does when you have a lot of stuff to put away.
My own homebase classroom.... yeay! We have some scheduling details to work out, of course, but somehow we will make it work. Flexibility, collaboration, and good planning are going to be the keys.
Students come back on the 25th....
After speaking with the Assistant Principal, Principal, and a few other teachers, I can honestly say I'm getting excited about the new year.
I found the missing ingredient today.
Passion


6 comments:
Yeehaa! Bea, I am so glad that your passion is back! Isn't it amazing that God knows exactly what to do to make our lives better. He knew something was missing when you went to your new school, but He provided something great for you. Your own space - how wonderful. I would love to be a picture on your wall this year - many wonderful things are going to happen in that classroom. Love, Caroline
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure
Well, now that you've regained your passion, there is no stopping you! I'm glad that you're happy with your new classroom. It does look pretty big! More room to teach, I say! :)
I hope you know that I am really getting caught up in your dragonfly saga! It saddens me that her progeny will probably be consumed by a frog or tadpole.
Hope you get a chance to take some pictures of the inside. Like, before and after shots! I can just imagine how awesome the inside is going to look when you are through with it!
Hugs
Jackie
Oh, I'm so glad you're getting psyched for the new year, new school, new students, and new classroom! - K.
I envy teachers! Your passion for teaching leaps out of this entry. Your students don’t know how lucky there are, even though I’m sure they are not exactly greeting the looming start of school the same way. <grin>
Patrick
I love dragonfly's. Would you believe they named our road Dragonfly Lane? - Barbara
I love your dragonfly pictures. I am not sure what type mine is.
Julie
Post a Comment