I included this video because I had seen it on tv. This little girl is one good speaker/writer. Her father has died tragically, and look at her standing up there with confidence and presence. She knows she is loved my many people. She knew her father's love.
I've been trying to get my students to think of someone special in their lives, and to give three reasons why they are special, with supporting examples for each reason.
When I heard what this little girl wrote, I thought "There, this is what I mean. Listen to all the examples she gives to support her statement that "my daddy was my hero." She even ends it with a very good reflective sentence, and a hope for the future, "Now it's our turn to help daddy."
I'm going to see if I can send this to my classroom computer, and play it for the students. I think they will be as impressed as I was.
What a brave, courageous little girl is miss Bindi Irwin, daughter of Steve Irwin.


13 comments:
This is very sad!!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs,TerryAnn
Yes, she did so good when she gave that tribute to her dad, Steve Irwin, at his memorial service. A very special little girl. Obviously well loved and nourished by both of her parents. Linda in Washington state
I agree with you 100%....Listening to her, I was in awe...
Guess it is like God said..."and a little child shall lead them"
hugs,
carlene
I was very impressed with her, too.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages
She is an amazing little girl, isn't she? I was impressed with her tribute speech to her father as well. Astounding how brave and stoic she was.. and ever so proud.
Hugs
jackie
Thank you for sharing this Bea. I hadn't seen Bindy's tribute, but had heard how heart warming it was and I'm glad I got a chance to see her speak through your link. What a courageous and strong little girl.
Michelle
Gee, what happened to her Australian
accent?! Her mother is 'other' such as
English or American?! She has more self-
possession than does Hillary: and I don't
mean Swank. Some children just take to
being onstage. I envy them, and I was
paid to do it. Ha! All children, IMO, should
be given stage training in school: in modern
life that's almost required. We are all 'onstage'
some of the time.
Barry
She is an amazing little girl ..love Jan x
Thank you for sharing this....it just breaks my heart.
Lisa
I thought that this was superb and inspiring too Bea. Children are often capable of a lot more than we give them credit for.
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/
So Awesome Bea!
Has she spoken again recently? We could definately keep up with her!
Love,natalie
Sounds like an interesting project and I'm sure you "hear" some fascinating stories from your students. Are you ever totally surprised by who they pick?
Patrick
I had not viewed this video; she is a very impressive little girl. I bet your students will be inspired to create their own essays. What a creative assignment!--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/
Post a Comment