Wednesday, January 3, 2007

BLOG CRAWL: Back to Nature

          

                                       

There's this new blog concept called Blog Crawl. Dorn at Dust Bunny Club of North America is starting it. She describes the concept as being "like a blog carnival, a journal jar, and round robin all smashed into one."

                            

We're all writers out here, and many of us are also photographers and artists. If you can't get enough reasons to write, here's another: blog crawl. If you want to participate, check out Dorn's specifics. The good news is that there aren't that many. She is into simplicity.

Anyone who knows me through this journal, or in person, knows of my amateurish interest in the natives of the landscape, creatures of the earth, otherwise known as bugs. I also love the other critters found in our yard. Or in the school yard.

                                    

So this J'lander is going to participate. Now. Tonight. Even though I just took a swig of my favorite cough suppressant just about 30 minutes ago, and I know it will allow me to melt into the finest undisturbed sleep I could ever desire on a school night. Ah, life is sweet when you can sleep all through the night!

Well, here goes.

Back to nature.

With a few favorite photos.

                            

I don't have to go far to get back to nature. I think that is one of the reasons I love where I live. When we built our home in 1981, all future camping trips came to an end. It seemed ironic for us to spend money and time trying to set up camp in a mountain state park hours from our home when the exact same nature surrounds our home every day and night of the year.

Look

Look around you... there are lots of beautiful creatures  completing their life cycles right at your feet or just above your head. You don't even have to touch them... just take their pictures when you see them. They are usually patient and willing subjects.

If you love and appreciate God's creations, and if you have time, click on the View Larger link within the aol pictures frame at the top of this entry, then click on View Slide Show. I think you might enjoy some of the creatures who share their place in our yard with us.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastico!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Pictures are fantastic Bea. You are very fortunate in that you have nature with you all the time around your home. I read about this yesterday and will participate too when I have thought a bit more about the theme.
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of where you live.  I can see why you gave up camping.  The only thing you gained is the musty smell of the tent and the effort to set it up and take it down.  Great shots, my favorite has to be the snake and the dog.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Cool pix...ewwwwe on the snake though..LOL..Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I love it!  Great pics.  : )  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

This was great, although why do snakes have to be part of nature, even pics of them make me feel sick

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
hugs!Thanks for the great photos! I love your new group!
Best Wishes,
natalie

Anonymous said...

I love it...back to nature...nature is everything...the photos were great!!!
hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Those are all fantastic photos.    The terrier with the huge black diamond shaped pattern snake provides excitement.     The tiny frog is like a little sculpture.   The giant moth is well composed in the setting of the trees and sky.    The praying mantis is my favorite insect along with the dragonfly both of which control pest insects and are friendly to humans.    mark

Anonymous said...

I love the photos and am envious of your friends... except for the snake.  

Anonymous said...

I'm crawling along though I didn't participate this time.  Maybe next round.  Great photos.  LOVE the tree frog.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Beautiful!
Martha :-)