Saturday, January 20, 2007

Child Prodigy! You must see!

Check out this link to the most inspiring story I've seen and heard to date. It took my breath away!

If you love to read about child prodigies, this is for you. It's a CNN report. A brief DVD clip, beautifully presented, in huge format, with music.

This twelve year old girl, Akiane, is going to take your breath away ... she has been painting since she was four, and recently began to play the piano. She is a self-taught painter, inspired by God. No, touched by God.

I was just discussing art (via email) with MTRIB2 (he's an artist, in case you aren't familiar with his journal) this morning, when an email came to me from my friend, Alan.

Alan sends me lots of joke mail, and often it leaves me laughing. But this piece he sent me this morning just left me speechless.

Thank you, Alan!!!!

Please check out this extraordinary girl's work. You won't believe what she has done!

 

For more reading about this talented child:

Akiane Kramarik, Dream Child by Mary Berryhill

Akiane, the official website dedicated to Akiane, http://www.artakiane.com/press.htm

News Video, Akiane talks about her painting

 

                                                    http://tinyurl.com/yxewot


Tags:

Tags:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear Bea,
love and joy to you Bea!
Wonderful tale!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

She has truly been touched by God.  This is such a special human being.  She gives hope to all of us.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for leaving the link in my journal.  I can't stop looking at her art but also reading her commentary about her art.  She is so wise and pure.  I am awed by her.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

wow, that is really really cool!  I loved watching the video!  Love, shelly

Anonymous said...

This little angel took my breath away as well...  Thank you for sharing her story.  Truly inspiring.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Amazing paintings for such a young girl! I do hope this is not a hoax, if not she is a talented young lady!
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

I was able to watch the CNN video on my Windows Media Player full screen slowly with my dial-up and her work is fantastic.     I also went to the Christian site to read about her amazing life.    She makes me understand how God works inside of us with no physical connection and guides us.    Her desire to take on huge world problems and help those that are suffering is beyond my understanding.    Thank you for presenting her in your journal and I have seen a network TV interview and showcasing of her several years ago on 60 minutes perhaps.     I hope to read and see more about her as time passes.     mark

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Thanks for that link.  She is amazing!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

In olden days, I learned in Art
History classes, Great painters
had apprentices in their atelier
who did some of the work in a
great artists paintings. Da Vince
as a very young artist, for example,
is given credit for an angel in the
lower left hand corner of the painting
of another great artist much older.
So, while the young girl's paintings
might not be a hoax, the work may
not be entirely original. That's okay
by me; if it was okay for Da Vinci
why can't it be okay for another young artist?!

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/