Friday, January 12, 2007

Work-week, and woohoos, and my sister

Have I really gone for five days without journaling? It's been quite a full week.

This evening, while waiting for the night time cough suppressant to kick in (which by now, it has, thank you), I played around with the woohoo feature provided by aol.

Here's my woohoo!

                               

It worked on my test journal, so let's see if it will work here too. This is just an experiment using some of my pictures saved on my computer. No particular theme. A couple of zoo pictures, some family photos, the dogs, the pond... things I usually put in my journal.

I like the Ken Burns effect, the panning across the photo. Gives it some movement. If you want to try the woohoo slideshow, which I first read about at aol pictures and at JournalsEditor Magic Smoke, you can click here to create your own!

As soon as I figure out how to put it on my AIM page I will probably create a woohoo with a central theme.

Finally, on a more serious note, I would like your prayers for my sister, Joy, whom I wrote about on New Year's Day. She was having chest pains Wednesday while she was at work (she's a nurse at a state hospital). She didn't tell anyone right away because she's had them before, but thank goodness she decided to tell some of her co-workers there, and one of them drove her to the hospital. That's where she learned she'd had a mild heart attack. Yesterday, one artery blockage (80%) was removed, and a stint was put in its place.

So many people, especially men, ignore those first pains in the chest because they are somewhat bearable. She called it angina. She is recovering, and will be allowed to go home when her blood pressure and other vitals return to normal rates.

Fortunately, she was in a hospital and was able to get immediate medical attention. Had it happened at her home, she may not have been as fortunate, as she lives on a lake in the country, very far from any hospital.

She sounded pretty good today when I called her on the phone, but I would still like for any of you who pray to add her to your list. I cannot be with her at this time, but was happy to hear that her children and our two brothers had visited her, and she has heard from our mother, and other brothers who live in California.

Thank you for your prayers!

I started coughing again about midweek, and because it seems to be getting worse instead of better, I called the doctor again... my voice is gone again due to the excessive coughing. She thinks I've caught another bug. I had actually recovered from the one I contracted just before the Christmas holidays.

So I'm on medicine again, and the humidifier is running at night, drinking lots of fluids... yada-yada-yada... taking care of myself. It must be the new school, new germs, ... you think?

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the woo hoo and prayers coming your way!

Anonymous said...

"Had it happened at her home, she may not have been
as fortunate, as she lives on a lake in the country, very
far from any hospital."  - Bea

Oh dear, I empathize, as I check my
own 'seat belt.' Ha! Until recently I didn't
understand at all the way our body
is a web of inter-connected systems.
Teeth, lungs, heart are interconnected
in ways I previously never would have
imagined. As unbelievable as it may sound,
letting one's teeth go untended can lead
to blood pressure rising. Infection can spread
(dripping down the throat) to the lungs, believe
it or not, and coughing
can be so severe the heart feels insulted.
Get the teeth fixed, and recovery can be almost
certain. No, Im not a dentist. Ha!  

Running and swimming can repair major damage
if done judiciously. You must have had a scare
for your sister's life!)
Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


Anonymous said...

I pray that cough goes away soon for you...hate those coughs at night.  Also, your photos look fantastic...you did a great job of presentation.  I love looking at them with that new feature.  
Prayers going up for your sister, Joy.  Hope you have a great weekend, hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics!
Hope you get to feeling better quickly.
Have you & your sister in my prayers.
God bless, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea;

I am writing really quickly from Dirk's house.  I STILL cannot open THE DANCE and couldn't tell you that because of the computer problems I've had lately.  Sending it to me again right now is sorta a mute point since I can't get online.  I cannot see the Woo Hoo pictures and had never heard of such a thing either until your comment in my journal.  
What you stated about your sister is so scary and sad but I hope she will recover soon and feel strong again.  VERY glad she said something.  Very glad.  

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

This woohoo feature is great Bea! Well done you for figuring out how to use it. You go straight to the top of the class!
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/20062007-journal-index/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your sister, Bea, but I'm so glad that she made it to the hospital and got her much needed treatment.  It is so easy sometimes to ignore chest pain.

I'm going to have to test that new thing with AOL!  I've seen others use it too, and I love it!

Thanks for the link, and have a wonderful weekend, Bea!  Hope you get to feeling better soon!  This darn virus thing is just overstaying it's visit! :/

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to your sister Bea...and I hope you also are feeling better soon.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hoping for the best for your sister, Bea. Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea, I will include your sister in my prayers and you, too!  I do hope that you are all well soon.  The woohoo is so cool; I'm going to try it right away.  Thanks for including the link.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bea,
I will pray for your sister. Also I will contact Penny and Sugar.
Bea, my teen has had a bronchial bug that he ignored.The doctor put him on prednisone wiht the strict warning to use his inhaler and take his meds (four days only) to avoid any chronic bronchitis! I have to warn you to take it easy, use your meds and inhalers along wiht a steam shower every night so that it will not become chronic! Apparently this bacteria can move in and stay awhile!
Bea you will not be capable of helping your sister much until you are better so Get Well! love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
I will pray for Joy.
I am hoping that she can take a little time off from work whehn she is better.
What do you think? It si a pity that she got this heart attack, I know Sweetie.
Life is not fair. I love you Bea and I'm thinking of you.
Love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
I love that zoom in picture of you! very flattering!
I bet you and your friends are excited about the new movie coming up.
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Hi Natale asked me to pop by. I am fairly new to this journal business. Your is great you are all so clever. I do hope that you are soon feeling better and that you Sister will soon be out of hospital and really feeling better  with Love Sybil

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bea!  I'm so sorry that this is all happening at once!  It shouldn't have to happen at all.  I will pray for you and your sister at once.  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bea!  I'm so sorry that this is all happening at once!  It shouldn't have to happen at all.  I will pray for you and your sister at once.  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

::sending prayers for both you and your sister::  I hope for a speedy recovery for you both.  

Take care,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your sister and you too!LIKE YOUR JOURNAL...PUT IT ON MY ALERTS!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I just got your screen name put together with your journal again.  If I don't get the two fully connected I can't find the journal.  When I saw Wanderer I thought there it is and came here directly, as I have enjoyed your comments in my journal and other places.  I have long had interest in autism  and have read a number of studies of it, usually written by parents. Some remarkable result after alot of study and effort and I admire anyone who works with the autistic.  I have also been very concerned about the possible causes for a seeming jump in cases of autism.  My aunt went back to school and learned to teach handicapped kids, also lip reading, as her daughter has severe cerebral palsy and is deaf, but is such a good lip reader her boss was not aware for 3 years she was deaf!  I tended her when she was a baby and I felt so bad this beautiful child had such a life in store for her.  She was born normal, but the r-h factor in her mother's blood produced antibodies in her and she had to be transfused but too late to prevent brain damage  I felt a special concern for her.  She checks our family website every day even if she does not comment.  That is how we keep closer tabs on her.  Gerry