Saturday, March 3, 2007

Fridge Magnets and more

If there was any other place I was supposed to be today, it has slipped my mind. If I've missed anything today that I was supposed to participate in, I've forgotten, and apologize. I slept late this morning, and have decided to enjoy this beautiful day in a lazy fashion.

My dogs need major grooming. Schnauzers never shed, but their coat grows continuously. Like sheep, they need to be "sheared" once in awhile. Actually, more often than once in awhile. Mine need a good trim about every 6 weeks or so. For Max and Misty, the "or so" often extends into 12 weeks... or so.

They are shaggy. Their last trim was just before Christmas. Yes, my puppies need to be groomed, and today the sun is shining, and I have the entire day to do as I please. They need some attention.

I had some pictures to show how shaggy they have become. I took them just awhile ago while I was walking around the yard, but for some reason that I don't understand right now, the pictures would not download from my camera. I may be having software issues... like I said, I don't know. I've had the camera and this software (ZoombrowserEX) for nearly three years now, and have never had any problems downloading images before.

My husband is a talented troubleshooter with electronic and mechanical things... I'm waiting for him to come home from work to see if he can fix it. He had been making some adjustments on my camera last week, so this may have something to do with that. Or not. A mystery. To be solved. This evening.

I did not get to post my response to Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot: refrigerator magnets. So here's one.

I had shot the photo at the end of February, and was planning to submit it in time for the deadline, but alas, other things called me away from doing an entry. Still, I wanted to show off my refrigerator door. It shows not only my most recent magnet purchase (last June, Mickey and Minnie were added as a souvenir from our trip to DisneyWorld), but also some very special older ones given to me by various friends and family.

At the top of the white board, my loveable triplet nephews who live in Connecticut with their mom Becky and dad Tom. Avery, Brody, and Casey came to visit us last summer. I wrote about them in one of my entries. Here's the link... it's worth it just to see the pictures I took of them in my home.

The photo of the koi in the pond to remember our fish pond, which is no longer a physical feature in our yard. I miss it.

My son (My Favorite ONE) when he just turned three, wearing his first homemade Halloween costume (that would be 1981). He looks like a young Darth Maul... but back then, who knew about Darth Maul? Here's a closeup, albeit fuzzy. (I shot the photograph itself.)

                                    

Below that, a group family shot of my sister with all of her adult children, and my son... some kind of family gathering, in the fall judging by the jackets worn by everyone. She lives on a lake in Georgia, and bonfires are a given whenever anyone goes to visit her. Family is her number one priority. This picture is proof.

Below that one, a photo Christmas card from my niece Wesley, with her boyfriend/fiance. They live in California. What a sweet couple they are. I haven't seen her since she was a young teenager.

To the left, a young family, the wife I've known since she was in high school.... now she is married and a mother.... it warms my heart to see the youth growing up and starting their own families.

And if Sheria and Caroline were to examine this photo very closely, they would see that on the calendar page, February 24, I had written "lunch with Caroline and Sheria at CH."

That was also the day our church youth sold their now famous (made famous by the Methodist Men originally) Cedar Cliff Brunswick Stew. I bought ten quarts that day.... the stew is a #1 hot meal around here.

So. Now I'm off to take care of my shaggy dogs. Give them some love and attention. I'll come back with photos later ... before and after.

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the refrigerator magnets.  I guess that everyone has them. Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Bea, Nice pic's on the fridge, Mine looks the same way! More pictures than the magnets. Glad you had a lazy day, everyone needs one every now and then.
Love ya,
Liz in Va.

Anonymous said...

Nice frige pic.  I would have loved to see the dogs.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your ice box!  Would you believe after we bought a new one a couple of years ago, Pete and I almost had a knock-down-drag-out over whether or not I'd put my magnets back on.  After some squirmishes I won.  My heart is on that ice box.  My only organization is on that ice box.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I like the little figures at the top, and I love that you titled the photo using the whiteboard.  Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing your fridge door!  And the photo of your son!  What a wonderful little glimpse into your world!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Love your fridge.  Mine is more full of telephone numbers, lunch menus and school calendars!  Saw the note about lunch last week - brings back good memories!  ~  Caroline  ~

Anonymous said...

Oh, your refrigerator magnets are magnificent.  Sorry you didn't get them in the shoot, but I am glad I came to yiour journal and found this photo.  I hope your husband can fix your camera  I did get a photo of mine there, but I only had a few.  Haven't been to your journal for a whle, but am enjoying my visit today.  Gerry
http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/