Saturday, March 3, 2007

Shaggy dogs

                                 

Steve came home and solved my computer glitch. Told me to restart the dang thing. I did and everything worked just fine.

So. Here are the before and after photos. Can you tell the difference?   

                                                            

                               Before: Max. Not Mad Max, but Mister Max.

                                                

Before: Misty May. She's the older of the two at almost 12 years.

                                    

The above photo taken just minutes before I trimmed their coats. Yes, it was a beautiful day to be outside with the dogs.

 

                                    

After the trimming, they looked much nicer. Now they need a bath. I should have bathed them first, but I wanted to trim them before I lost the light of day. You can see the table behind them... that's where I set them while I trim them. They stand pretty good for the trim... not bothered by the electric shears. But when I brush the tangles out, they struggle and growl and complain the whole time.

Did anyone see the eclipsed moon tonight? It was a beautiful amber color just before the shadow slid over it.

And a BIG thank you for that tag, Donna... I love it! Now if someone would send me the Antonio Banderas voice over saying something sweet like "Meet me at the hive, honey, and you'll be my Queen." ....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete was perturbed that the cologne I stuffed his stocking with this Christmas was Antonio Banderas.  The dogs are cute either way.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh, your dogs are adorable!  I hope to have one someday...  They are the most charming creatures on earth!  (next to bees... hehe)

Have a great weekend!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

I love your dogs....great pictures.   Glad you got your computer problems solved.  Linda in Washington state    

Anonymous said...

I thought I saw a partial eclipse - but then decided I was mistaken!

Anonymous said...

Love your opening graphic!  Also love your dogs!  How sweet!  I missed the eclipse and it would have been the perfect night to see it as well...clear with no clouds.  Dangit! (I always miss the good stuff!)
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dogs - can I bring my mane over for a shave???? You do a great job! Yes, I saw the eclipse last night.  It was beautiful!  Wish I had been in Africa - I believe it was more effective there.  Oh well, can't really think of any other place I'd rather be than here right now!  Have a great day! ~  Caroline  ~

Anonymous said...

the dogs are so cute!!! I love the pictures.
Enjoy your day!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Well done on the dog-trim, Bea - could see the eclipse right the way through :-)

Anonymous said...

good job Bea! I love the tag
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Bea,  They are both just beautiful.  Don't you just love 'em?  I hope all is well.
David

Anonymous said...

Excellent job, they both look quite dapper with their trims.  I love the tag.  I had no idea about you and Antonio, un hombre muy caliente!  You know, he and Denzel were both in Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.  Perhaps we could double date?--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind

Anonymous said...

great job on Max and Misty May.  I didn't know what a job that could be!  They look really cute though. : )  Hope you have a great week!  ONe more for us then we are on spring break!  Can't wait!  Love, Shelly