Sunday, March 25, 2007

Things in my fridge... weekend assignment

What's in your Fridge? From John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment at By The Way.

Weekend Assignment #157: So, what's in your fridge? Be honest. If you include a picture of the current state of the fridge, that'd be nifty.

Extra Credit: What's the oldest thing in the fridge?

I don't often do these things, but since I'm actually having a full two-day weekend, thanks to a Teacher Workday scheduled for Monday which means students won't be in school, but teachers will (yeay!), I can actually do a just-for-fun-entry. About my refrigerator.

                                         

Top Shelf: Juices and water, and some left-over barbecue that I took out of the freezer this week to thaw out, but neither of us has eaten it yet. Also IBC Cream Soda for Marlene for letting my dogs out every day.

Second Shelf: (left bin) cheeses and packets of condiments left over from when we go out to eat. You know, like soy sauce, arby's sauce, sweet and sour sauce.

(right rack) sodas. I'm the caffeine free pepsi, he's the diet pepsi. I may drink a soda possibly twice a month. Those three you see there have been there for over a month. On the shelf itself: leftover something, jellies, jams, preserves, pickles, relishes, chow, that's a pecan pie under the sodas, and small tubs of butter. Behind the butter in the storage rectangle I keep eye masks, the blue-gel filled kind, and other gel-filled applications for headache relief. I need more than one so that when one gets too warm, I can just pull out another, particularly for those lengthy headaches that might otherwise go on and on for hours at a time.

Third Shelf: another small tub of butter spread, a baggie of almost gone lettuce, small bowl of crushed pineapple that I bought thinking I had sliced pineapple, and now it just sits there waiting for us to eat it. Also, eggs, bacon on top of the eggs, and leftover pizza slices on top of the bacon package. Tea bags in the small round, and Go-gurt. It's going down the drain, though. I had bought it for Marlene awhile back, as a treat for when she comes to let out the dogs, but I don't think she likes it. I don't either.

Bottom left bin: Chocolate Jello pudding for Marlene because she does like this. Her treat for letting out the dogs each afternoon. And two blocks of Velveeta cheese. We don't eat much cheese, but I bought it around New Year's Eve in case we wanted to make some cheese dip or something... and I didn't. How long does cheese keep like that?

Bottom right bin: grapes, onions, any fruits or veggies I buy go in here usually. Also, deli ham which my husband buys for his sandwiches.

                                                                

And in the door we keep our salad dressings and sauces, and my milk.

Extra Credit: the oldest thing in my fridge would have to be the Go-gurt...yeah, it's definitely going down the drain tonight, not even waiting until tomorrow! It's probably been in the fridge for a year now. I might not even have noticed it if I hadn't done this entry.

So, what's in your fridge? Leave a link so we can come by and see it!

 

 


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!!  You are bold :)  My fridge is bare in comparison.. but no doubt a science project in the back.  I need those eye masks... my next investment!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Yup...you're brave...I'd never show my fridge!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I claimed that The Doctor is on the other side of the vortex in my fridge.
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2007/03/weekend-assignment-157-so-whats-in-your.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are one brave lady...not sure I'd have the guts to do this myself!  I'd have to throw a few things out first and have a good clean....but then, that would defeat the whole purpose eh?  Velveeta keeps forever by the way.  Mine may well be the oldest thing in my fridge!  but then you can't get it over here so I had to smuggle it in.  You never know when you might need it for dip or something.  
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS  I might get brave and do this later on today, you never know!

Anonymous said...

Boy do I need to clean out my fridge ...yours is nice and clean...lol...fun entry!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
jolly good job Matey! lol!:):) Are you ok? sounds intense over there
love,nat

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty full fridge. I think it's even fuller than mine.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

I think you did this assignment up right.  You injected me with so much enthusiasm for this project I might even do one.  I found your photos very interesting.  Makes me feel like I know you.  Or is that the purpose?  Ha.  Gerry