To mark the anniversary of my second year as an AOL journaler, I wanted to bring up my very first entry. It still amuses me, even after all this time. I thought it might amuse some of you who know me a little better now.
You'll find out why I began the journal, and why I first called it Ant Farm Analogies. I hope you enjoy reading it. I didn't know how to add pictures back then.
Here is the link.
http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/2005/08/02/why-start-an-ant-farm/522
And thank you, Donna, Indigo, and Guido, for the suggestion to try AOL Uncut video for my video clip... I'll work on it this evening.
Also, Greg, you mentioned the resolution size... I think that's probably the reason I couldn't upload it to YouTube... you suggested "there is a way to reduce the resolution to VGA 640x480 "... so I will try that as well, if aol uncut doesn't work. When I reduce the resolution, will I lose quality of the video? It's so clear and very high quality in its current resolution... none of my previous videos have ever looked so good (I have a new camera, a Canon PowerShotA570 IS). This new camera has some features the other one didn't, like an image stabilizer, and a rotation sensor so I can take pictures at any angle, and still see them on the monitor in an upright position.
I fumigated my house this morning.
I laughed reading the comments about critters from y'all. Thanks for visiting!!


12 comments:
You've come a long way baby! - Barb ara
I hope the fumigation works with the "critters". Rather you than me - I shudder when I see anything like that. Brendon actually found a black widow spider outside which scared me silly! ~ Caroline ~
So, in two years you gone from ants to lone star ticks. Is this progression I wonder, lol.
B. x
((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.
Happy Anniversary!!!! Mine will be the end of this month.... I had forgotten about it until your entry!!!! LOL!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)
I enjoyed your first entry. It was funny. The last thing on earth I every thought about was collecting ants for an ant farm. Again, congrats on your second anniversary. As I said, I am heading for the shower!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay
Bea, I enjoyed reading your very first entry! Looking forward to the video!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
I passed my three year anniversary a while back and didn't even realize it. Glad you stuck with your blog!
Russ
congratulations Bea!
you are awesome!
love,nat
LOL, Bea, I remember that entry. I don't think many of us knew how to add anything when we first started our journals. I remember how long it took me to grasp the concept. Happy Anniversary! Glad you fumigated. Better to be "critter" free. Chris
Yes, if you reduce the resolution, you will loose quality, hopefully not much. However, don't replace the high quality video, just save a copy that is a smaller size file for upload purposes.
Greg
Almost forgot....had you continued your ant theme, you would have been known all over AOL as "Ant Bea"....I couldn't resist, sorry. You really had a great first entry. Mine was just a paragraph or two, with very little substance.
Greg
Post a Comment