Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm back from Cullowhee and NCCAT!

What do Cherokee gourd masks, a shotgun house, Indonesian shadow-puppets, woven Bolivian chuspas, the Rainbow Snake of Aboriginal stories, boomerangs and bark painting, and an authentic Southeast Asian gamelan have in common?

Well, if you read my previous entry, you can pretty much guess, but I'm just here tonight to say I am back home!! Yeay!

But I had such fun, and there is much to tell. I would have had pictures, but as I went to upload them from my camera, the message from the camera was "Need to charge batteries." So no pictures tonight, which is okay because it is late, and I need to go look at my lesson plans (that I wrote a week ago) so I'll know what to do tomorrow.

I look forward to sharing my photos, and the videos. I had to buy another memory card (2gb) just to hold it all. I hope it looks and sounds as good as I heard. I especially want to tell you about the gamelan because I had never heard of one of those... it's an orchestra of percussion instruments.... such a special treat to hear them play last night. I even got to play after their performance! I do have a photo of that.

So, over the next few days, I will show you what all those above-named things have in common, and hope I can do NCCAT justice.

Thanks for hanging with me, and for your patience. I'll be visiting each of you very soon as well over the next seven days.

 

 

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I can hardly wait to see pictures and videos about your NCCAT experience. Have a great week!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing more!!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home Bea!  I'm glad you had a great time and I look forward to hearing more about the trip.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!  Can't wait to see all the snaps you took and hear more about it!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back safe and sound. Bet you will be   a bit tired after all that concentration especially in a few days when you come back to earth !!  Looking forward to the photo's and the info. that will come with them  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and I am sure you will be using all that new found knowledge with the children at school

Mary

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back home again Bea.  I'm looking forward to you 'spilling the beans' on you week long adventure.  Photos too?  I love photos!  
Sleep wel.

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Welcome home x.
I look forward to seeing the photos.
B. x

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Glad your back home.GLad you had a god time.Cant wait to ssee all of your pics and videos.Have a nice dya.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure of exploration. Can't wait to hear about it as well as get a preview of the pictures you took. I always love your spirit of learning. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventurea adn see your pics. How do you pronounce gamelon?
Marti

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful time I can't wait to see the pictures
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a good course and you had fun too. That cannot be bad. look forward to hearing more about it. Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

The suspense will kill me
'cause I've never read a list
of things about which I know
zero minus infinity. The Aborigine
item should ring a bell, but doesn't.
("Search for the Golden Boomerang"
was a radio serial I doted
on when a child.) You're definitely
unique Bea725.  By comparison
I feel as plain as a pebble on
the steps to "Liberty" with the torch,
the French gift that goes on giving.
Missed ya!

Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


Anonymous said...

Sorry I havn't been around to visit for about a month.I have been on holiday in your wonderful country USA.I am pleased you are back now and will try catch up on the missed posts of yours as soon as I can.May I say I hope you have had as wonderful a time as I did.Which you may like to visit my last three postings whenever you have the time to spare.New orleans Las Vegas and The hoover Dam. With the Grand Canyon and other things to follow through soon.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Bea! Everything sounds so very interesting. Can hardly wait to see all those great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back, and looking forard to hearing the details, seeing hte pix.  I know you must've had a fantastic time, we can all experience it by proxy!  CATHY

Anonymous said...

Glad your back.. and that you enjoyed yourself!  Looking forward to the pictures!

Hugs
jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

    I'm assuming that the theme here is experiencing art forms from many cultures. It reminds me in a way of Cub Scouts. I remember how we used to make roons, teepees and the like. It's a great way to open minds early. Looking forward to your photos.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Bea, I'm glad you got home safely.  I can't wait to see your video and pictures.  I'm sure it turned out well.  Have a good week and get some rest...lol.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

sooooooooooooo exciting Bea! thanks!
love,nat
ps where do you get those cards
love,nat