Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Thunder, and a memory

                                            Fear of thunder

 

Click on the title above for an entry that brings back fond memories. I wrote it back before I had learned how to add big photos to my journal. But you can make them larger by clicking on the words above the photo.

Every time I hear thunder, I think of Mr. Max.

Today I heard thunder during a light rainshower, and the memory of Max hiding in the bathroom came rushing over me. The tears began. I didn't stop them as I remembered. Has it been a month already? Almost.

Marti, of PorchStorieslost her dog Penny yesterday. Please go by and leave her a comment. I know she would appreciate it. 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to lose a pet. They become a part of the family (and neighborhood in my case). My son accidentally shot my TomKitty a few years ago and it upset him more than it did me, I think. Everyone loved that cat. I'm sure you will always remember Max and miss him........alice

Anonymous said...

I sent my prayers this morning it is so sad
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

OOps I meant Marti, the dog is Penny.  
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Our Jess is terrified of thunder as well.  I have to admit I don't particularly like it myself!  Will be sure to visit your friend Penny as well!  Happy Sabbath day!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Even the biggest, toughest guard dogs are scared of thunder.  My german shepherd will try to get inside the bedroom closet when he hears the slightest rumble!

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh Bea,  I know that feeling so so well. My wee Tamas was just the same, he woudl try to get himself into any tiny corner and like Mr Max the bathroom was a vafourite place. Nothing I did seem to be able to releve his panic. It use dto break my heart...although thunder he sure didn't like his eal horror was fireworks. I used to dread them. It is 7 years now since I had to let my dear Tams go but oh how I stillmiss him.  (sorry Dee I still love you glad he can't read!!)  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

The oddest things will stir memories of loved ones. And so long as we remember them they'll never be too far away.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bea, it's so hard when those memories come flooding back.  It's good to let yourself cry.  Poor Max in the bathroom.  He did look frightened.  Can't say I blame him one bit.  I hide during storms if I can.  Grizzly is like that with high winds.  I'll stop by Marti's.  Hugs Chris

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. My Angel is scared of thunder too. {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a relaxing day.

Anonymous said...

What a charming memory and the pictures of Max, secure in his bathroom corner are adorable.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

LOL that was supposed to go to the post about BBartle!!!  LOL
Becky

Anonymous said...

Ihave thought about him too!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I read your entry on how Max reacted to thunder and it reminded me of my dog Frosty who got shot in her legs because she was chasing a farmer's sheep.  After she recovered, thunder made her and her other dog companion who was with her shake and run!  They thought they were under the gun again!  Perhaps Max has some sort of association in his mind that Misty did not have when he heard thunder.  Gerry  

Anonymous said...

{{{Bea}}}  
Thanks for letting us know about Marti's do, too.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I just love you
the absence of those cold noses leaves such an ache in our hearts
Marti

Anonymous said...

Oh my...sigh.. I jusr adore Marti and I can't believe it. Will do
Thanks ever so much dear Bea.
love,nat