I found these questions from another AOL journaler. Thought I'd pass them on to my readers who haven't visited her yet.
From Robin http://journals.aol.com/robinngabster/Thesearethedaysofourlives/entries/1254
1. Do you already have your Christmas tree up? If so when did you put it up? If not when will you put it up?
No, I don't have it up yet. Steve helped me take the boxes down from the attic yesterday afternoon. Will probably go up after the 6th.
2. Do you have any particular theme when it comes to decorating your tree? Maybe you do all Disney ornaments? Only blue lights? Tell us how you decorate your tree. Kudos if you have a picture and post it. Generally, I try to include mostly ornaments that symbolize the Christian theme, such as stars, the Holy Family, some angels, colors of red, blue, and purple. Many ornaments are handcrafted by local artists. Also, I add the old homemade ones from when Steven was a child. I complement these with ornaments given to me by friends, add a few gold snow flakes and glass icicles, and my tree is good. I do favor the golds, whites, and blues, and love the blue and white lights. I'll post a picture as soon as it is up.
3. What is your all time favorite ornament? Only one. Kudos again if you have a picture and post it.
Can't think of my favorite at this time. Like them all.4. How many stockings do you hang and are any of them for pets? And...where do you hang them? (Not everyone has a fireplace)
We do hang them on the fireplace. We'll probably have five, two for Max and Misty, our dogs. Yes, they get Christmas too.5. Tell us about one of your Christmas traditions. On Christmas eve, we invite some friends over for an afternoon of Christmas cheer, and in the past we have exchanged presents at that time. Our kids were small then. Then, after they went home, we would go to another friends' home and have a Christmas Eve evening with them and their kids, stay up somewhat late, and reminisce. We play some loud family games, have refreshments, and exchange gifts with them too. These two visits were our family time on Christmas Eve. When our son was a boy, we would each open up one present before we went to bed, and the of course, in the morning he would unwrap Santa's gifts. On Christmas Day we always drive up to my husband's family home and have dinner with all the in-laws, the nieces and nephews, great nephews, and open presents. All our kids are grown now, but we still make the drive. And we visit Granny Collins, our oldest living matriarch.


No comments:
Post a Comment