Saturday, April 1, 2006

Springtime and time change!

I felt normal today.... despite the heaviness I had in my chest, and the coughing during the night, today I felt pretty decent.

My dogs invited me outside to view the wild violets that have graced our yard all week, so I brought my camera with me and took a few pictures just to prove that what appears to be weeds during the rest of the year are really a yard full of wild violets. They're beautiful this time of year, and the pictures above don't do the color justice.

Other plants are also establishing ground quite nicely. Spring is definitely here.

I sprayed some water on the moth cocoon and gave it some air. It's in a huge glass cookie jar in my garage until Monday. Then I'm taking it to school for it's anticipated emergence.

Just a reminder: don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight. Ugh!! Steve is going to suffer more than I. He has to get up at 4 a.m. for work tomorrow. Poor guy. I miss him when he doesn't get the weekends off.

Today I've been planning and preparing for the VBS training workshop coming up on Saturday the 8th. Went to the dollar store to find some items like baskets and serving plates in bright fiesta colors. Bought some poster board to make five signs, and some colorful placemats. We need scissors, and markers, and lots of other things, but mostly, we need enthusiasm and a desire to make VBS a memorable experience for the kids and the leaders.

Thank you for your comments. I'm well again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Your pictures are beautiful!  What color!  And your doggies are so adorable!  So glad you're feeling better...it does good to get outside, doesn't it?
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Glad you are better.  I'm sure ya'll will have a wonderful VBS.  Looks like our tiny little church is going to try to have one this year.  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

If Spring fever hasn't touched someone looking at those pictures will do it for them.  Beautiful!!  Pennie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.  Your schnauzers are gorgeous.  I have one, too!  ~Tara (Peachy)

Anonymous said...

nice photos Bea! what cute dogs! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! I'm glad you're feeling better again. I used to pick those wild violets for my Mom when I was a kid! Loved seeing them. TY~Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of max & Misty, the flowers are pretty too! ;0)
Hugs,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!  Great pics; beautiful dogs!
Lori