Thursday, August 3, 2006

Diego has completed his Walk

I got home about an hour ago. After talking with my husband, and debriefing on what he did and what I did during the past two and one-half days, I came to check my email. My friend Betty had told me that Diego had passed away while I was gone. She said his mother had made an entry. Filled with sadness for their loss, I found what I was looking for.

I wanted to share what his mother wrote yesterday:

August 02, 2006 at 12:58 PM EDT

Diego has completed his walk up the stairway to heaven. It was peaceful and he looked like an angel. We are reeling from an evening of unbelievable pain and sadness, but relieved for beautiful Diego.

As always, I already know that you are praying for us and that your love and your thoughts are with us. The same way that God has honored your prayers all this time...I know that once again, those prayers are what will get us through this next phase. Thank you with all of my heart.

I’ll write more later – I promise.

Love,
Cookie

He had just turned six years old a few days ago. Diego had battled lung cancer for over a year, and then it had mestasticized into his brain. He brought great joy and love to his family and friends. Please keep them in your prayers.

The link above will take you to CarePages. If you are a member, you'll know what to do. If you are not, but would like to visit DiegoLand, you can sign up for free. It's easy. Just follow the directions.

I'll be back later this evening, I think. Bea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had been following them...in Diegoland.   It's so sad, but the family's attitude is incredible.

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/08/03/the-life.../1248

Anonymous said...

I will keep Diego's family in my prayers. I am glad they can take comfort that his suffering has finally ended.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Diego's family is in my thoughts & prayers. May God continue to give them strength in the days ahead & help them find some peace in their grief.
Blessings, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
Love and hugs to you and to Diegos' family
A very touching entry and beautifully written Bea. you ok?
love,nat