Sunday, November 5, 2006

Misty shows her approval of my new classroom.

I went to school today for a few hours of planning. A necessary event. I would have gone in Saturday instead, but there was that five and a half hours of community breakfast work that tired me out early. I decided to do my weekly planning today instead. It was a trade-off. Sometimes you have to juggle the commitments.

Anyway, that isn't why I'm posting so late at night. I was about to go to bed when I realized I had downloaded some pictures I took today in my classroom.

I brought with me some company today. A couple of my dearest and smallest buddies. I must sadly desert them every day to go to work. On weekends, I take them with me. I leave them at home when my husband is home, but when he is working on the weekends, they go with me. To school.

Here are the latest photos of my classroom, sans children.

                                   

Do you see my little companion? In the back, on the floor, in front of the bookcase to the left? Yeah, you see her now, don't you?

                                                           

This wouldn't be such an amazing photograph if you didn't know that the last three times I have brought Misty with me for a weekend planning session, she trembled anxiously the entire time she was there. Each time, I would have to take her home, then drive back to school to finish my work.

                                                               

She takes awhile adjusting to new environments. In the photo above, taken while I was moving into my classroom back in August, she is actually trembling, and trying to get into my closet. She seems to dislike the openness of the classroom. She repeated that behavior each time I brought her to my classroom.

Until today. Today, she obviously was able to relax. I even caught her napping. I am thrilled! This means she can come anytime to keep me company on the weekends while I work.

Max never had a problem with the transition. He just goes where I go. He'd follow me into a raging river if I called him to me. He completely trusts me. I love that dog!

                                   

And one last shot of the two of  them together. I did get a lot of work done today.

                                  

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how Tuffy would react to an office environment, but she does pretty well at church, considering hr general skittishness.  I like that last photo a lot!

K.

Anonymous said...

awww..they are so cute together! beautiful dogs :-)
Thanks for posting and sharing these cute pics.

Take care, good nite and have a wonderful week,
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours/entries/2006/11/05/omg-where-should-i-start-lol--d/1251

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks inviting and fun. Actually, what stands out to me is all the books and pillows on the floor for children to get comfy with. I think thats so important! I myself have 3 dogs. Two will go anywhere, anytime, 1 is perfectly fine at home, but away she is a nervous wreck.

Take care,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

what beautful dogs
thank you so much Bea! isn't it interesting how different one can be form another!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Are those the two cutest faces on the planet...the expressions you caught on the camera...is so darn cute....and look how clean your classroom is...everyone told me to be a teacher but they all know..I'm a slob....they would shut my classroom down quicker than my first paycheck....glad to hear your sweetie is adjusting....cute....-Raven

Anonymous said...

sweet!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I just love that last shot! Glad you have good company on your weekend planning events. Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Your two dogs are so lovely Bea. It is nice that you will have their company more often now when you are alone in the classroom,
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

How cute they are!  My little Chi shakes whenever I take her somewhere else.  It's amazing how they are just like we are.  They get used to being a in one place, and feel comfortable, but don't always like being out of thier element.

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

that is real devotion...working on a Sunday! I bet no-one else went in on a Sunday. The dogs look really at home! love conniex

Anonymous said...

Love it!  Our 2 dogs and your 2 dogs should be pals!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your dogs!
Your classroom looks very inviting.... a happy place to learn in.
Hugs,
penny

Anonymous said...

I think I'll enroll. Excellent light
to read and study by, companion
dogs, hey they wouldn't "tremble"
if I were to talk to them. They look
like good listeners. Your children
charges are blessed, that's for sure.
Congratulations!

Barry

Anonymous said...

When you asked, "Do you see my little companion?" ... obviously I've been a cat person, too long because my eyes went to the tops of the shelves and bookcases. <grin> A thousand years ago I owned a miniature schnauzer.
Patrick

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she is becoming adjusted so she can keep you company

Anonymous said...

Thank you,,,your journal is very interesting,,,your puppies are so much like my daughter Lisa's,,,only one of Lisa's is half the size of one of yours,,,her other,  (  Jetta)  looks like your blond puppy,,,I know their full grown as are Lisa's,,,I just call them puppies,,,my husband always had big dogs,,,   thanks again,,,Marie
please visit my journal,,,http://journals.aol.com/rosas831/RealisticProse/
www.booksbyrosasbarassi.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!
penny

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
hi!
Please would you leave me a comment on my entry about"Doubt: do you Allow for it?" here:
http://journals.aol.com/lurkynat/Interface/entries/2006/11/11/doubt-does-it-exist-do-you-doubt-your-theories/1247
and please after that Bea tell us what you think happened before timelines began.
love,nat