I woke up feeling pretty decent compared to the way I've felt for the previous six days. I thought as I got out of bed that I should put away all that Christmas stuff... you know, the wrapping paper, boxes, bags, and all those decorations that never made it on the tree this year ... the things I could use next year.
But before I put them away, I should go to town to get the after-Christmas sales on bags and boxes, etc so I won't have to pay premium price for them next year. All the gifts I gave away this year were packed in beautiful bags and boxes that I had bought after Christmas last year. I like planning ahead like that, and I do have storage space in the attic.
Yes, that is what I'll do, I thought this morning as I got dressed, feeling much better today than I had felt even yesterday.
I hit only two stores, Wal-Mart and Target. Found some wonderful gift boxes and bags for next year. Found a few other gift ideas for students and teachers... and did lots of walking around.
Suddenly, nausea waved over me and I asked for a plastic bag to carry with me as I browsed, just in case. I was too far from home to just go home, and I knew if I could get everything done in hour, I'd go straight home after that.
I did, but was wiped out by the time I got home and unloaded the trunk. I was only gone for a couple of hours, and I felt like I had been gone all day.
There was a message on the phone from my doctor to call her. I did. The chest x-rays had shown a patch area of density in one lobe, and I have possible pneumonia, confirming what she had diagnosed initially. Possible. I'm supposed to go back in 3 weeks and get another x-ray.
Well, possibly, then, I should stay home and not over-do it again like I almost did today.
I haven't cooked dinner in a week. I've neglected everything and everyone close to me.
I'll go take a nap, then tackle the stuff that needs putting away. I'll pace myself. Also, I need to set aside one day to plan for school starting back up, and a couple of days for my sister's visit.

Yes, pace myself.
Thank you for your comments and well wishes... I do feel like I'm getting better, a little bit each day.
Note: Mickey is here because my sister and her husband are big Disney fans, and both will be here in a few days, visiting from Georgia.


12 comments:
Dear Bea,
I have only just realised that you are ill as I finally have had the time to read your recent entries. I do hope that you will feel better soon. Do take it easy and look after yourself,
Best Wishes,
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/
Oh dear, what rotten luck, and
right at Holiday time. I didn't catch
on that you were wrestling with a bug
or sumthin'. Maybe, like me, you tend to
supress recognition that the motor ain't
purring quite right. So what might have been
easy to handle becomes a bloody nuisance.
hang tight to your doctor and swear
eternal obedience! Ha. Rest up,
I've got all things crossed and a prayer
is on my lips.
Barry
OH...I DO HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER...i WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!! HUGS,TERRYANN
First of all, you haven't neglected anyone except maybe yourself. You are sick. If anyone that you knew were sick, you would be the first person volunteering to help ease their burden. You did not choose to be sick. Being neglectful issomething that you choose to do. I repeat, you have not been guilty of neglect. Second, ask for help. I have learned a lot about you in these pages and I am certain that you have been a rock to many. Give them the chance to return the favor. Tell them what you need--help in putting away CHristmas stuff, someone to shop to prepare for your sister's visit, whatever it is, ask! Giving people like you don't wait to be asked for help. It is second nature to you to offer without being asked. Most folks aren't that thoughtful or perceptive. They don't nstinctively realize when help is needed. However, they are willing to give help when asked and they don't feel it is an imposition. I learned this when I was seriously ill for several years. I wanted people to recognize my need and offer to assist because I was afraid that if I asked I would be being a bother. Nobody helped, but when I finally asked, everyone helped! Third, REST!--with great affection, Sheria
Get well soon, Bea, and take it easy.
Bea, rest and get well!!! I wish I could bring over some good chicken soup!
Becky
Bea, Sheria is right. You do so much for other people and now you need to think of yourself for a change! Rest as much as you can. I am not that far from you so if there is anything I can do for you, please ask! If I can help, I will do so with pleasure. I am also off and Zane is in daycare for the next 2 days (whilst I clean up), so please phone or email if I can get anything for you. I think I am nearer to the shops than you are. Take care, my friend ~ I know you want to be better by the time school starts and in order to do this, you must take care of yourself. I luv ya, Caroline
Bea,
I hope you feel better soon... So sorry you aren't able to enjoy your Christmas break as well as you probably would've liked. Rest while you can, though!
Love,
Michelle
Bea, darlin..take it easy! Don't overdo! All those things will still be here tomorrow, you need to get yourself well again! This darn thing has been hanging around far to long! I'm glad that they have decided what you have, and can now deal with it in the manner needed. I will pray for a quick recovery, as I know you have been sick for way to long. The perfect saying for you should be, "I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired!"
Hugs
Jackie
Yeegh. What a time of year to have pneumonia! Yes, absolutely, don't overdo. In other words, don't follow my bad example! (Except that my malady was minor in comparison, and probably my fault.)
Health creates ripples, Odd as it may seem, an acute illness because there will be recovery can be a 'lesson plan' to help debunk the common myths of personal invincibility. ... I loved your tree decoration solution! ... and preservation of "written" Christmas memories. ... Take CARE of yourself, first.
Patrick
I am happy you woke up feeling a little better, but you do need to slow down some...don't over do. And it seems feeling better was not what you really felt...you did over do things. Rest...get 100% better. Hugs and love,
Joyce
Post a Comment