If you didn't read the previous entry, you might want to do that before you read this one. It would make more sense if you did.
The Me who wants the tree decorated and the Me who would rather not deal with it had another brief discussion this morning.
It was about the tree, and decorating it. It seems that the conclusion drawn yesterday morning was a bit premature.
I mentioned I had picked up a bug earlier this week? Well, I didn't think I was getting better over time, and my intuition led me to call and make a doctor's appointment. She suspected viral pneumonia, sent me for chest x-rays, then prescribed something to help make the coughing more productive.
I was feeling very tired by the time I got to the doctor's office, and fell into bed when I reached home again.
Mwwrndwi: There, are you satisfied? Now you don't even feel like putting up the tree because you are sick.
Mwwttd: Yeah, but Steven is coming for dinner...
Mwwrndwi: And do you think he should come when you are sick? You want him to get sick too? You better call him and cancel for tonight. You know it's the thing to do.
Mwwttd: .... yeah...(cough! cough!) I guess you're right. It wouldn't be fair to ask him to come over and risk getting sick too.
Mwwrndwi: (with mock sympathy) Hey, look at the bright side... you won't have as much work to do after Christmas. You might even start a new tradition, no tree for Christmas. Hey! What a great idea...
Mwwttd:... (cough/wheeze) don't push your luck, Mwwrndwi. I'm not thrilled about the idea of not decorating the tree. I'm only agreeing because it's so late already. Besides, it's not like you won this argument... it's more like I got sick.
Mwwrndwi: (with sincerity) I know, Mwwttd, I know... so sorry. I know how much you enjoy the Christmas preparations and all. Look, it's okay... in a few days it will be past, and you will have an entire week to relax. (eyes brighten) Oh, yeah, don't forget, you want to drive to Chapel Hill to meet Sheria, don't you?
Mwwttd: Oh yeah, that's right! I'm looking forward to that. Okay, I'm sick now (cough!), but I have medications to take, and fluids to drink, and rest to get. Doctor's orders. Maybe that's the only way I'll take it easy. Looks like we both get what we want this time, Mwwrndwi.
The two selves link arms and meld into one divinely whole being who is coughing, but glad to be able to rest at home without worrying about writing lesson plans for a substitute teacher.
It's a good thing I hadn't planned on doing anything else over the holidays.

graphic by xxroxymamaxx


11 comments:
Merry Christmas friend. Tammy
Merry Christmas, my dear. Rest and feel better soon. I'm looking forward to our lunch date in Chapel Hill.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/
Merry Christmas!! Feel better soon
hugs
d
feel better...
Becky
Glad you joined together! Feel better Bea...
Hugs,
Nancy
I just hope Donald Trump
doesn't find out you went to
bed for Christmas. Tut tut.
But he would say you deserve
a second chance, and that ain't
bad. I suspect Rosie has hired
a hit man. Where, I wonder, do I
send the money to help out?
Luck has all of us here in LA
teetering on
the edge of sickness but it looks
like we're all going to Church
tomorrow afternoon in Pasadena,
a service primarily for Children.
I'll have everything 'crossed' hoping
my children behave.
Merry Christmas and please get well
very soon if not sooner.
Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/
feel better soon!
Merry Christmas~
Gem :)
Bea, I'm sorry you are so sick! It seems to me that we were just recently trying to get you over that laryangitis that kept hanging on the last time you were sick. This has not been a good past 6 months for you (getting sick wise). I pray the new year brings you good health, love and much happiness! You are my favorite Jland teacher, and I have grown to care for you very much!
Merry Christmas, Bea... May God Bless you, and please get well soon!!
Hugs and love,
jackie
Lady, do you have a fever? I think you do. lol I certainly hope that you get to feeling better soon, and I'm so glad you have time off from school to take care of yourself. What you have sounds like what I had the last part of November and most of this month. Get plenty of fluids and all the rest your body asks for.
Lori
Please feel better soon...Merry Christmas...hugs and love,
Joyce
now you have left your online friends hanging on....now I feel someone really needs to tell the real story. I know that you DID decorate the tree and in a uniquely Bea way. I think only you could decorate your tree in such a unique way. And it is beautiful. Maybe some year I will plagerize it. Is that OK? Now I just hope that you feel well enough to take a picture of your fantastic tree and share it with your e-friends. Get better soon. Love U.
Alyson
Post a Comment