Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 7... There are no more words tonight

Sometimes it's just nice to enjoy the time... just the quiet sense of time and space in one's yard. Doing nothing except thinking about the days and weeks gone past, and not even planning for the future. Recalling dreams, revisiting them, trying to understand them, what they ask of me.

Just sitting, breathing, not even talking ... just being.

That is where I am tonight. Pondering. Wandering inside my head tonight. Such a luxury. I must be careful or I will start to feel guilty... must not feel guilty... go away guilt.

What do you do when you have nothing to do, nothing you have to do, nothing you want to do, when you truly have time off? Like in a Sabbath sense. Do you try to fill it up with something, or do you give in to it and explore it?

I'm going outside to sit on my deck and enjoy the evening air, and give thanks to my Creator. Good night all.

There are no more words. It's remarkable when that happens. 

 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't do that.  Really, really can't. Words are central to everything I think and do. But enjoy your down time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't try to fill my time off with anything.  I just meditate and spend time with God.  And with myself.  But you know what?  It has been a LONG time since I have had this luxury.  Can you give me some time, LOL?

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))enjoy your time,just relaxing and doing nothing.I worry all the time,even when I have nothing to do.But now,since I have more hours,no time to just do nothing.But will tell you this,I hate when I do have time to do nothing,all I do is worry.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place to be...sounds great...just you & your thoughts. {{ }}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

some of my favorite times...just me on The Porch with the birds singing and the grass growing.
Love
Marti

Anonymous said...

I say these times are wonderful and sent for a reason.ENJOY .Have  alovely Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Peace perfect peace....may you have it in abundance,  much love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!  (sigh!)  Mind bathing and 'Me Hugging' time.  Peace, tranquility and random thoughts.  No need for order....just relaxing in the 'Spirit'.  I also call these captured times 'healing moments'.

Switch off and enjoy Bea!  I have become an expert at these moments in the past year or so.

(((Hugs)))   Jeanie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's just nice to let go and be .... just sit and think and take in all the many blessings we have been given on this earth and in this lifetime.  I do that alot.  My brain is always turning and thinking and pondering ... and I am always grateful for what I have and am.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

A different meaning to meditation...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a blessed evening you must have had, Bea!  Those times are rarely available to me, with 3 kids around! There is always something to do and hardly any time to have to myself! How wonderful to have nothing to have to do, nothing to do, nothing to distract! I long for some time like that! I hope you enjoyed it. God bless ~ Caroline ~
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

That is such a wonderful feeling: not having anything to do or anywhere to be and finally having some alone time. I think that normally most of us hardly ever get that time and that is why its so special to us. On those rare occasions I love to sit in my yard and just do nothing or go to the beach and watch the waves. I am so glad you had some quiet time for yourself!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Maria

Anonymous said...

I enjoy those moments too. They're very rare and should be savoured. Enjoy your evening. B. x

Anonymous said...

Your words remind me of a poem by William Butler Yeats, "The Lake Isle of Innisfree"--Sheria

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,  
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;  
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,  
     And live alone in the bee-loud glade.  
 
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,          
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;  
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,  
     And evening full of the linnet's wings.  
 
I will arise and go now, for always night and day  
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;  
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,  
     I hear it in the deep heart's core.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Bea...free time is a foreign concept in this modern age...to our detriment I believe. Getting a good quiet time is so very important...so glad you got some :-)) Love ya, Shauneen

Anonymous said...

I find that over the summer, I seem to be able to have a lot of those moments.  Sometimes, I explore the person that I was, that I am becoming and learn something new.  Sometimes, too much thinking leads to sadness and I have to busy myself with something.  But I love that feeling of just sitting outside, enjoying the life that I have and really being able to just.....be.

Enjoy your moment!

Amber

Anonymous said...

I read this entry and summed it up in a few words (what it means to me...)
"enjoy the moment!"
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/07/08/hello/1508

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea,

Thanks for stopping by my journal!  Don't feel guilty about doing a "big bunch of nuthin'"!  Most people are in too big a hurry to just sit and relax with no distractions.  Some people may be afraid to, afraid they might think or something, lol!!!  Enjoy it while you can!

Dirk

Anonymous said...

I do it all the time dear heart. The silence I live with give me that luxury of no distractions just peaceful serenity........It's good to give in to it once in awhile helps you double check your spirit as well as quiets the chatter in your head so you can listen to your heart more. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Actually, Bea, I've been doing that quite a bit lately.  I loved your comment in my journal about emptying myself and refueling.  It was so true.  Yesterday evening, I got a float and just floated in the pool.  No radio; no noise.  It was an experience that I plan on continuing.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Too often I try to fill up that time with something.  But occassionally I indulge myself with quiet.
Lori

Anonymous said...

sometimes I fill up the moment..and other times I sit and enjoy it....
Becky

Anonymous said...

I love moments like those....  Priceless.. :)

Hugs
Jackie