About two weeks ago, Marie (Marie's Muses) nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award. That was smack in the middle of our Vacation Bible School, and I was not able to respond in the manner I thought appropriate here in my journal. I did email my thank you to her, but now it is time to reciprocate with my own selection of the Thinking Blogger Award.
The following week I was headed out to a wedding on the beach, and then down for a five day trip to Alabama and back. I still want to write about our Montgomery experience, but am battling with the video uploading tool. In the meantime, I wanted to get this done, my Thinking Blogger Award entry.
Thank you, Marie. You know how much I enjoy reading your journal, too, and Lord knows you make me think about being a better person in this world.
I did a little back tracking by following the links, and came to the website where the Thinking Blogger Award started, to find out the focus of this award, and the intent of its creator. Discovered that a lovely lass (screen name ilker yoldas, or is that her real name? I don't know) is responsible for its beginnings back in February of 2007. Tired of memes, she sought "to offer content that is interesting, informative and things that could really help my friends who are reading it."
She explains further to those she chose for the award:
...Please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative
That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking! It is the first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me."
It is called '5 Blogs That Make Me Think' and I am tagging the following bloggers:
Caregivingly Yours by Patrick (Daddyleer)
New and You by John in the UK (Jonh8m)
On My Mind by Sheria (Aimer)
Photo Trek by Greg (Radar446)
Inner and Outer Demons by Russ (Toonguy)
I chose these for various reasons, and rather than write a lengthy description of each, I hope that you will visit these journals (if you already haven't), and see if you find them to be as thoughtful and reflective as they are interesting and informative as I did. I just want to say that all of them are tops on my list. I could have easily listed another five, but the rules say only five.
So, if you are interested in following up on this, link back to the original Thinking Blogger Award, okay?


9 comments:
Thank you for the award. Back when some of these awards were first being handed out, I didn't pass along the honor because most of my J-friends had already received one or two. I need to come up with my own special award to give people ...laziness has kept me from it. :(
Thanks again
Russ
Thanks Bea! You did me proud! (as I knew you would) You really deserved this award. You always make me think. I love your dedication as a teacher and as a "thinking" woman, and your beautiful spirit which comes through each anc every post. I think you have a fine list there of other thinking bloggers and I will be checking them out pronto! Sheria is already one of the ones I love to visit, although she doesn't write near as often as I would like! (hear that Sheria!!! get writing!!!)
Enjoy this award, as it is well deserved!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu)))))))))))))))COngrats,have a nice day.
Many thanks Bea for nominating New & You. If only I could be more blog-savvy, yours would be the blog top of my list for nomination. When I get up to speed, I will action.
Meanwhile, it is always a pleasure to know how deeply and caringly you think. We are fortunate that you choose to share your thoughts with us through your blog.
Best wishes, John
Congrats!! Great choices my friend
hugs
d
Congratulations dear heart! Well deserved. I actually already enjoy reading most of them. The one that I don't I will be sure to drop by and give them my congrats as well. (Hugs) Indigo
Congratulations, you definitely fit the criteia for this award. I am so honored to be in your company and the others that you have listed. Thank you!--Sheria
PS Marie, I hear you loud and clear! I promise to post soon.--Sheria
Congratulations again Bea! it is a great summer for you!
I hope youare getting your school things ready!
love and hugs,natalie
Post a Comment