Saturday, September 1, 2007

Three Facts: Which one is false?

This is in lieu of my own reflections for the week. I may get to them later. It was a good week at school. I'll tell more later. 

From the Journal of John Scalzi, By The Way:

Weekend Assignment #181: Present three facts about yourself. Have two of them be true. Have one of them be false. Encourage people to guess which one is the false one. When do you reveal the false one? On Monday, in a new entry ...

Extra credit: Have you lied about something today (aside from the Weekend Assignment)? You don't have to say what the lie was. Just whether you've lied today. Little white lies count.

                  

                    Panda Bear photo found on internet through Google search.

I'm going to attempt to make this believable. Here are my three facts:

1.   I don't like meatloaf. It's my least favorite food. My husband loves it, so I make it for him, once in awhile, but meatloaf is one meat I could live without. I don't know why I dislike meatloaf so, but I never have enjoyed making it... squishing all that hamburger meat with the eggs, the tomato sauce. When the meat is cold, my hands go numb, and when I let it stand for awhile, I can't stand the feel of raw beef mushed in my hands. It makes me want to be a vegetarian. I don't even order it when we go out to eat.

2.   I couldn't be happy without my dogs. I like taking them with us on vacation... I wish I didn't have to leave them at home when we go away. I don't mind all the extras we have to take with us when we do carry them with us. I miss them when we are gone. Sad, I know, but they are good company, and make me laugh. It's one reason I look forward to RVing around the country: the dogs can go with us.

3.   I know I give the impression that I like bugs, but I really can't stand them. I am actually afraid of them. They give me the willies... I quiver when they crawl on me. When I see a bug in my house, I go bezerk, and will not sleep until my husband finds it and kills it. I bomb my house every other month just to keep them out of the house. I put up a front because I am a teacher, and I don't want the kids to see me acting so fearful around bugs. I should get an Oscar award for this act alone! They make such great subjects for photographs, though, so it's hard to avoid them. Ewwww!

     So, which one do you think is false?

Post your answer in your comment below. If you want to write your own weekend assignment, don't forget to link back at By The Way.

Extra Credit: Did you lie today? Little white lies count. (not counting the one I've posted here) No, it's too early in the day, and I haven't talked to anyone yet.

 

I will reveal the answer on Monday!! Stay posted!

                                  
Tags: , ,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I think #1 is false although I do like meatloaf myself, I hate squishing it and my hands go numb also.  Chris

Anonymous said...

#3 is the lie
becky

Anonymous said...

I'll guess that #3 is false.
-boliyou

Your turn!
http://boliyou.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekend-assignment-181-two-truths-one.html

Anonymous said...

I guess it is 3

Mary

Anonymous said...

I think it's 3..... Have a happy Labor day weekend :)  

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is hard! I can't decide between one and three. I'm going to guess number one is false. I can hardly wait to find out the answer.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Oh, 3, no question!  Sorry, Bea, but you can't have posted all those bug entries and still hate and fear them.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but somehow #2 sounds a wee bit sarcastic to me...as if it is, perhaps, The Lie?  

:D

Anonymous said...

I'm going with # 1... you strike me as a closeted meatloaf-lover.  Hmmmm.

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

I am betting it's number one.  I can't see you as a meatloaf hater somehow, but then again, I could be wrong!  Happy Sunday!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Oh, bother.....you have me all confused!!  I don't know that I can pick logically.  So, one potatoe, two potatoe.....#3 is false.   As for the lie....not even one to yourself?????   ;o)  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

Definitely no. 3!!!  I know you are a nature lover and would rather put a bug out of your house than kill it!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta be number three. B. x

Anonymous said...

    I'm going with # 3 as well. Especailly after your repost of the ant farm entry.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

It has to be #1.The way you describe the mushy,cold meat and the eggs  and catsup squishing between your  fingers-that's how we all feel,although I'll eat meatloaf,it doesn't even come close to something I really like..........
Thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving a comment,and for the plug  above.
~connie~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/anyway...../

Anonymous said...

It's number 3 your too involved with bugs for someone who hates them. If you truly hated them, I believe we would be seeing pictures of smushed, gooey messes instead of the actual bug (winks). (Hugs) Indigo