Sunday, September 2, 2007

Warning: Blogger Virus Attack

I was visiting a new journal that I found at Donna's.

It's Connie's journal, called AnywayI read her entry about a virus threat. It looks like she found it at Guido's/ Pharmolo journal who posted the warning before her. This is a credible warning to take heed.

I want to pass it on to those who read my journal. Perhaps it will help prevent some major computer virus attack. This one looks like a real threat.

Click on the link below and read the article. It's about Blogger blogs, but even if you visit a Blogger blog, your computer could be in danger.

There are "fake entries with weblinks that lead to boobytrap downloads that could infect Windows PC".

I can't copy the entire article, so please go by and read it. Very important. This link is to a BBC News website. Credible article.

Again, here is the link!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6970368.stm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw that... but thanks for mentioning again.  Never to much info when it is a warning that is credible.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

And here I thought trolls were our biggest problem...damn!  

Russ

Anonymous said...

I just received an email two days ago with a link to a supposed YouTube video  As I never click links in emails from senders that I don't recognize, I deleted it. But the subject line for the email was very similar to the hok lines listed in the article. Thanks for the info!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I have only recently started reading Blogs and Journals. Now I am wondering if that is what happened to my PC last week. I was on line, and all of a sudden it crashed and when I tried to sign back on, got the windows screen that asked do you want to start in safe mode etc.etc.  To make a long story short, it wouldn't boot up at all, took it to Circuit City where they informed me my whole hard drive was junk...I lost everything...cost me almost $300 to get it fixed.  4 Years of work on my cookbook.  All pictures and over 3,000 songs. Learned two lessons, back up back up back up and don't click on links. :(  

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this. I keep a Blogger Blog that mirrors this one. It's just something to keep my entries on in case something were to happen to the AOL version. No one comments on that one. I went and checked to make sure all was well, when Guido first mentioned it. Thanks for the heads up to those who may still as yet be unaware. (Hugs) Indigo