Friday, November 2, 2007

Answer to the video pun

Two entries ago I suggested that there was a visual pun in the video that I posted about the milk carton houses. I had tried to keep in line with John Scalzi's request to entertain him... and a pun would have been especially appreciated.

Several of you have joined in the "game" and attempted to identify the pun... I appreciate that. Thank you for all of your comments as well.

The pun is embedded in the action of the video, and parallels the words. It was during the editing of the video that I thought to add the pun, although at that time I was not aware of John's request for a pun. So that part was a coincidence.

It takes place near the middle of the video (about 1m 14-15s on the digital counter displayed in the lower right corner of the video screen) , as I pan across the back side of the table, and walk behind the milk-carton house that is above all the others. I walk behind it, then pan to the back of the room where a few teachers are talking, and pan to the front of the room where a few more teachers are standing around talking.

The words that appear on the video read "a behind the scenes peek at teachers..." The pun is referring to the walk 'behind the scenes,' behind the house, showing you the back side of the house while at the same time getting a glimpse of the milk carton house creators.

Also, the house I walk behind at that point is at the highest point of the display. So it is the 'peak' of the display. A behind the scenes peek/peak...

... For those who wanted to know!

Okay, a weak pun, but a pun just the same!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely missed it!

Anonymous said...

I had fun looking at those milk carton houses..very creative!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Bea. You were way above my head, I missed it entirely. It was like the story by Hans Christian Andersen, "The Emperor's New Clothes." I did not catch the pun, but lest I appear stupid, I didn't mention that I couldn't figure out what it was. Thanks for the explanation; I confess, it's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I didn't catch that at all!  You gotta be more obvious with people like me :/  LOL

Russ

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Bea, I don't know how I missed it, but I totally miss that entry with the video. Have had a look at it now though!  What lovely creations!  You have such an interesting job.  I am quite envious!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Too clever for the likes of me. ;O)
Good work though.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Well done to those who came up with some answers...!  
I just gave up the ghost.  I AM a bit slow though.  Duh!    Lol!

It's easy to see now that you have explained it Bea.  That was very clever!




Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

That was driving me batty all week, Bea. Thanks ever so much for eliminating my frustration at the right time. PS - I thought it was actually a VERY good pun. Kudos to you!
Sincerely, Rose~*