Saturday, July 26, 2008

For all the dog lovers

This video will make you feel warm and fuzzy. I think even cat lovers will love this. Puppies respond to the man as he sings to them... his voice lulls them into sleep. Too sweet! I love it.

I found it in an email from a dear friend of mine today. Thank you, Alan! I just had to share it with all my readers and friends.

                                   

(Closed Caption: As the man leans over the box, the pups are all making whiny puppy sounds, like they want some attention. He chuckles, then says, "Okay, let's go to bed...let's go to bed," and then he begins to sing... his voice has a deep sound, but he is singing low, gently. Imagine singing softly to your baby.The words are "Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go.... Do do do do doo.... I hate to leave ya but I really must go... goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.... do do do do do dooo... and then he repeats it. As he walks away, a woman's voice says "They're waking up," and so he returns to sing another verse, almost in a whisper, until all the pups are sleeping. Then you hear a man's whisper "Let's go to bed." )

The little white Boxer puppy with the brown patch over its eye reminds me of Hermione, Marlene's dog.

Here is a picture of Hermione with Marlene, taken a few years ago. If you recognize the name as one of Harry Potter's friends, you are correct. That's where her name came from.

                                     

And thank you for all the birthday messages. I've had a lovely day, thank you!

 

                                 

Tag by D's Design

 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted the same video Friday, I just loved it. Helen

Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw this on another journal today, and I thought it was so cute! The puppies are cute enough, but then the guy singing them to sleep...adorable!

Beth

Anonymous said...

OMG!  That was so precious!!  Thanks for sharing!

Hope you had a gread birthday, Bea!!

Happy Day!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

And does this wonderful, miracle making man make House Calls?

Anonymous said...

I loved this! I used to sing to Daisy when she was a pup and it calmed her down.  She is almost 17 now.  

Anonymous said...

I missed your birthday... I'm so sorry...  wishing you a belated one!   Loved the video
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I loved that video the first time I saw it! It says something for the gentle nature of the man that these puppies trust him enough to be lulled to sleep. Thank you so much for telling me what he sang and how it sounded. It was the perfect touch to feel like I hearing him sing to these gentle little ones. On another note Happy Belated Birthday Dear Friend! I hope it was a loving and peaceful one. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Very sweet.  I used to sing "Your are my Sunshine" to my daughter, in the same tone and volume as the video, every night for many years.  

Anonymous said...

I loved this little video ~ it was lovely listening to him sing and the pups curl up and go to sleep ~

Happy Belated Birthday ~  :o)    Ally x

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday Bea!!! I'm just back in J'land today for the first time in months. Its great to see you still here,

Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

that is just too cute thanks for sharing
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

    Happy belated birthday to you. Glad to hear it was pleasant. Love this. It is too cute.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

beautiful Bea! Happy Birthday again! I'm so glad that it went as you had hoped!
love ya always, natalie

Anonymous said...

Awwww - that is so sweet! Those pups are being well trained. Thanks so much for sharing, Bea.
Sincerely, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

Hi bea,  Thanks for stopping by.  Loved the video, but now I want one of those puppies.  I live about 45 minutes north of Baltimore in Cecil County.  Three years ago I started a small service company called On Demand Services.  I do petsitting in the home, catering, lawn maint., pressure washing, and other small jobs that people do not have the time for.  Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea,
I received this in an email last week. It was well worth watching again.
If only it worked that well with kids eh?

Glad you had a good birthday.

B. x

Anonymous said...

The puppies are so cute. I love the way they sort of decide where each wants to lie and fall asleep. This video just make you go ,"aah." --Sheria

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet!!  I will have to share this will all my family.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Bea!:)
I knew you would understand.
thank you so much for the kind words!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
thanks so much for your thoughtful comments about Hodges and the making of worthwhile plans from ocean water !:)
It has not escaped me that money is involved! As far as the place, Hodges has done this well in Africa and he seems to think that there are enough places like in Africa where it is unproductive desert and we can rout the water there!
You got me on South America
my poor teen moans about how it is leaving us so often and it is truly sad!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

how sweet
and you , gentle soul, will have a wonderful year because of the joy you bring others
Marti

Anonymous said...

Precious!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet !  Linda~a cat lover in Washington state