Saturday, July 12, 2008

Six Word Memoirs from J-Land

Here are your Six Word Memoirs... Thanks for participating!

I was impressed by the number of you who wrote them in. I'm going to post them in the order they were given. Links to the author's blog are included where possible.

#1:   Nature lover, happily hitched, found contentment.   Beth

#2    Into adventure living a full life.   Sybil

#3   Once a romantic, now a realist.   Barry, oddbodkin

#4   In recognition of our shared differentness.  Mary

#5   Learned to behave.  Now regretting it.  dbdacoba

#6   All her wisdom was hard-won.  chaispice

#7   I am here for a purpose.  Marie, A Year at Oak Cottage

#8   I walked dry creek beds endlessly.  Russ,Toonguykc

#9   Never felt better or had less.  Barbara, bhbner2him

#10  I aggregate, synthesize and dispense information.  Karen

#11  She felt totally out of place.   lilhoneybee81

#12  Think something positive and do it.      jonh8m

#13  This moment changes life forever.      jonh8m

#14  Do I know who I am?    jonh8m

Thank you all for leaving your mini-memoirs... as I reread each of them, and thought about the person who wrote them, I knew if I had mixed the memoirs and the authors up, I could easily have matched the names to the memoir. What each of you wrote in six words is reflected, at one level or another, in your journals as a whole... I thought that was pretty darn interesting.

I enjoyed reading your memoirs... they are quite profound, actually. Simple and profound.

What I learned from this is that I should be able to say more by writing less.

I just don't often do it.

 

 

 


 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bea, thanks so much for this! In reading some of these, and having read some of the journals and people to which they belong, I see exactly what you mean about matching them up with their journals! Myself included. Thanks for a fun challenge, and what a great job everyone did!

As for writing less...? Easy to say, hard for ME to do. <wink>

Beth

Anonymous said...

Sorry I did not participate in the first go around, but thanks for sharing :o)

Mine would be: "Be true to yourself and others"

http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko

Anonymous said...

This was interesting and different Bea!  Thanks for sharing it with J-Land.  Would love to see it repeated in some form at some time.  

Barbara

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea, Bea!!! I think I'll try it with my second graders this year!
And now you've got my brain mulling over what IIII would write!! lol...
hugs, sher (wunzuponatime)

Anonymous said...

What a great experiment!  I hope you do this again sometime.

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Loved reading all of these Bea, and you are so right.  You could tell who each one belonged to even without the name!  I tend to have verbal diarreah as well when I write and could stand to say more with less.  I guess it comes with practice!  
Great event, well done!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the other commentees Bea. A novel and very interesting idea.
I guess we could all say more by writing less, but it wouldn't be half as much fun.

B. x

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading those & I am going to check out some of the journals behind the words.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

    Saying more with less words is exactly what is recommended of writers. If I could say something about my life it would be, "I've made life choices. Family first."
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely terrific!  I love this exercise!
Lori

Anonymous said...

dear Bea,
thank you very much for this entry!
fascinating!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

oh oh
here's mine
living my life wide open now!
Marti