Sunday, April 30, 2006

Flat Scalzi is in Ontario, in case you didn't know!

This entry is for those who are wondering who or what is Flat Scalzi. If you get this as an email alert, click on the link to my blog. Once you get here, I will have links to his adventures in Canada.

He had a rather long journey, which nearly drove him mad, but he recovered. Not before transforming his host Paul into a similar Flat Person.

Fine_how_do_you_do

 

Then the Flat Ones had a conversation, and Flat S showed up decked out in, of all things, a curling uniform? I thought he looked cute in his green plaid tam and maple leaf jersey.

Tartan_Scalzi

There was a reference to Ski-doos and igloos I didn't get. What's a ski-doo, anyway? Maybe it was an inside joke.

 

Then there was the entry in which Flat S and Flat P talk about their favorite beverages.

Preview

 

Finally, Flat S is mailed off to his next destination... is he going to New Jersey?

Preview

However, he forgot to transform Paul back into his flesh and blood self.

Okay, enough silliness! I am hooked on the travels of Flat Scalzi. How often does someone get to have their alter-ego, albeit paper, flit about the country in an envelope, and visit his Journal-land friends? I think it's quite an honor to be flattened out, folded up, and sealed up in a brown envelope, then dropped into the nearest Post Office box and sent off into the world via air mail.

If you get this alert twice it is because the pictures didn't copy and I had to go back into the journal and re-edit. I apologize if that happens.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
hey Bea! I dig the kilt thing on Flat Scalzi! too cool!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! Where's he going next?

Anonymous said...

Well, he certainly saves in travel expenses!!!  Thanks for informing me so I could check out his journal!  ;-)

Anonymous said...

Little known fact: I actually designed that tartan.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Sorry delete that one. Here's a link that works. Ski-doo: http://www.teshio.com/oldski-doosleds/euroskidoos/Copy_of_Ski-Doo_R10.jpg
-Paul

Anonymous said...

I must say, the Flat One does looks nice and rested!  He looks good in a tartan too!
Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea!

I'm new to your journal, came by way of Gwynn.  I left an comment on your Turning Point entry.  Sorry..thought I was on the last entry for some reason.

Take Care.
Darlene