Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rockin' Girl Bloggers

                                                    

                               So someone thinks I'm a Rockin' Girl Blogger.

Marti at Porch Stories does, at least. It might be because we are both teachers. I'm late in responding to that entry, but I think I'm suppose to nominate five other girl bloggers... sorry guys. I think there ought to be a Rockin' Guy Blogger recognition, too.

I don't have the official guidelines, but I glanced at a few other nominees to see how they responded, so I have an idea. Here goes:

There's Indigo, Marie, Caroline, Sheria, and Sher.

Indigo is wearing her life out here in the open. Actually, there are many journalers doing this at aol journals. Indigo is dealing with physical and emotional issues/trauma, but no matter how far down or how deep the pit she finds herself in on any given day, that woman pulls herself back up and starts over. She needs our prayers and good thoughts. Indigo (Raven's Lament) is a Rockin' Girl Blogger.

I selected Marie for her words of helpful encouragement and guiding examples of daily living, from the past and in the present. She lives in Great Britain, and has started a new life in recent years. Marie (Marie's Muses) is a Rockin' Girl Blogger, too!

Caroline was my friend here in my state and county long before I started blogging. We taught together for a few years in the same building. Now that we no longer teach in the same school, I keep up with her life through her blog. She is from South Africa, in case you haven't read her blog, and she has a lovely spirit of boldness that I admire. Her faith in God is apparent in nearly every entry. Caroline (A New Adventure) is a Rockin' Girl Blogger as well.

Many of you already know that Caroline and I met Sheria in person back in February... it was the first time either of us met another aol journaler. It was so much fun, we are going to do it again this summer. Sheria was a teacher before she became a lawyer, and she is politically savvy. I am ashamed to admit my own ignorance before her. But, she probably already has me figured out... through her kindness and skill with words, she makes me feel intelligent. Sheria's journal is often humorous with her family stories, or serious when she brings up issues that she is passionate about. Sheria (On My Mind) is a Rockin' Girl Blogger, no doubt!

Now, any mother who adopts three teen-agers (in addition to the two she already has at home) and blogs about her family, all with a positive and happy outlook has got to be a Rockin' Mama. So I want y'all to check Sher out and keep up with what's going on. She has got some story to tell. She's also a teacher. Yes, Sher (WunzUponATime) is some kind of on fire Rockin' Girl Blogger!

There's my list of five, although there are many others out there who rock. I think the ones I picked, if they haven't already been picked, are supposed to write an entry. In this way some folks will meet new people they haven't read before.

Just copy the Rockin' Girl Blogger icon into your entry if you want. Happy bloggin', ladies.

 

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very good choise I also nominated Marie but I don't think she knows and realises since her return..Thanx for the reminder I will let her know today.Indigo I have been to already she is in my prayers and I will call around on the others as time allows.Thankyou for the links.I felt everyone in J/land deserved these awards plus the men LOL!!.Take Care God  Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I really must get with the program and do this!  I've been nominated by quite a few people now and have only just realized what I need to do!  Thanks so much for the mention Bea!  
Marie
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/MarieAlice/Food%20Pictures/chocolarechipbriochebreadpuddingwit.jpg[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

Grrr...next click save without checking that your links are correct!  Lesson learned!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Very well deserved ,I nominated you too lol ,some of yours I know others Im off to check out lol ...love Jan xx   http/journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Very well deserved and your choices are so well chosen.  I have just paid a visit to Marie's and I will definitley be going back to vist her again.  Thanks for all the links 'Rockin' Girl'...lol!

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of these journals on alert already; they are awesome!!! I love J-land...it is such a great place and I have met such interesting people and made good friends.
Have a good day!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Bea - thanks so much!  I am touched that you think I'm a Rocker!!!  Well, back at ya!  You are my inspiration.  I am going by to visit those that I haven't visited yet.  Will write my entry some time today! ~  Caroline  ~

Anonymous said...

Its about time they recognized you as a Rockin' Girl Blogger.  I've known it for some time now, but couldn't do the nominating myself.  Congratulations!!

Greg

Anonymous said...

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

No doubt you do Rock!  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

You do rock!  Great picks, too!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Aww...thanks, Bea! Quite a compliment to someone who looks up to YOU & wants to grow up to be just like you! :-)))) I certainly don't feel deserving. But thank you for placing me in such towering company. I'm humbled.
mucho grande hugs, sher  

Anonymous said...

Bea, you are definitely a rockin' girl! Thanks so much for including me in your list. You say the nicest things!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,
You are a great blogger adn you deserve all fo the acclaim that we can muster!
great bloggers! I adore Caroline and she is so uplifting as  a blogger and a friend! and funny too!:):)
I would put Carly (OndineMonet) in my list, becasue Carly is a great person. Oha nd did I mention  a wonderfulw riter, compelling photographer, compassioante blogger and greta person! Yeah! Yay Carly! WooHoo!:)
I would put Shauneen in my list, along with Sugar.
Shauneen pains beautiful pictures with her words and I think her fmaily is talented!
I love Kelli too (noonmom)!She tells us a lot about ehr life and how her kids are doing, which is frquently fascinating! oh and she talks about her vaiant husband in the service too!
Barbara would have to be in my list. She is full of fun and soooo many surprises!
Sheria is great and very outspoken! I think she has a lot of class and soul!:):)
I love helswonderwoman, Karyl, Dawn and Barbara!
Lori the wonder woman (helswonderwoman) is a great writer and a great mother and wife and she sipires all of us to write!
Karyl and Dawn are heroes! Despite thier own ailments theyare inspirational to other bloggers and to theri own family members!
And Joyce (Springangel) is awesome! She is a great mom, grandmom, artist and writer and she keeps us abrest of her busy life!