In response to John's Blog Photo Shoot, here is my first photo of the year. Well, one of the more acceptable ones. You see, my friends and I like to be silly once in awhile, and I must admit that they are fonder of being silly more often than I.
It's why I like them, I suppose. We balance each other out, guaranteeing that the silliness doesn't get out of control and interfere with our broader relationship with the world, and the somberness doesn't set in too deep or prevent us from getting up in the morning.
I thought about adding the photo to the original entry, but the picture gives a different slant on the evening and somewhat takes away from the spiritual quality of that special time as I remember it (if you are not familiar with the terrain here or haven't read the original entry, just click on the highlighted words original entry above to take you to the New Year's Eve reflection for the complete story.)
There were other friends and neighbors at the Patterson Park firepit this New Year's Eve, including our husbands, and their children who ranged in ages from 8 to17, but I didn't get the necessary permission to add them to this public viewing place. Suffice it to say that there was a good balance of silliness and serious reflection for all of us.
These lovely ladies have a special message for you:
Watch what you say this year... words can cut deep.
Don't listen to everything you hear from people, especially when it makes someone look bad.
And if you see someone naked, don't look, unless you are married to him!
Yes, morals are still alive and well in our neck of the woods. I told you we balanced silly and somber.


3 comments:
very cute picture!
nice photo Bea youare photogenic!
and I like the copytoo!
hugs, nat
lol - great entry and advice!
Post a Comment