Sunday, January 8, 2006

Friday Fiver on Sunday. OOps. Late again!

"Let's play!!!

This weeks theme is...potatoes. I don't know why...I am just thinking about them.

1.  When was the last time you had mashed potatoes?  Were they regular mashed potatoes or some kind of fancy version?

I had mashed potatoes last Sunday when Alyson and her family came over for a New Year's Day dinner. They weren't fancy, just plain butter, salt, and pepper, just the way everyone likes them. Good old fashioned mashed potatoes. Alyson made them because I didn't have any potatoes, and I had asked her to make them the night before (the firepit, remember?).

2.  Do you grow your own veggies? Have a garden? If so are potatoes one of the things you grow?

I did once upon a time before I became a full time working girl, and gave it up. We never grew potatoes. My husband is the one with the green thumb in this house.

3. French fried potatoes...do you like natural cut fries, with skin still on or the McDonald's kind?

Either way is fine... I love potatoes with or without the skin.

4.  How about potato salad?  Do you like it? Have a family recipe you have used for  years?

I love plain, old fashioned potato salad. I have a recipe that I follow, and ingredients include relish (whatever is in the fridge) to sweeten it up a bit.

5.  Did you have a Mr. Potato head as a kid?  Ever purchased one for someone else's kid?

I don't recall ever having one as a kid, however, I think I may have bought one or two over the years for my child, andfor other kids.

This little game is complement of Robin. Here's her link if you'd like to add your answers. The Five logo is hers also.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can never be late with The 5'er!!!  Play anytime you wish, at your leisure. Glad you played!  Robin

Anonymous said...

Here are mine!

Anonymous said...

very interesting
ever had the purple ones?
nat