I just found this entry at Barbara's journal, HEY! LET'S TALK. I wanted to keep the request out there in case there are those who haven't seen it. It's a simple request. A card, a message, and a $.39 postage stamp will spread love and kindness, and offer comfort and friendship to one who is afraid and alone. Won't you help?
"Good Morning Everyone,
Today I am coming to you on bended knee.
I am asking this on behalf of my precious sister
who is frightened and quite alone on this journey.
She has suffered 8 years with Breast Cancer
and now it has traveled to her lungs and her liver.
She is scared and needs support of any kind.
My request of you is, if you can find it in your heart
to send a card to a complete stranger?
I asked her if I may give her address out
and she was more then happy to do so.
I want her to see what online friends are really all about.
I want her to get cards from across the world.
I want to fill her room from wall to wall.
That is my wish for my beautiful sis.
We just lost our older sister last year to this dreaded disease
Please if you haven't already, get your Mammogram.
My sister's address is:
Emma Scarola
2386 Black River Road
Bethlehem, PA 18015"


4 comments:
Already paid her a visit.
God Bless,
SUGAR
Already been done. Thanks for sharing the message. Pennie
Glad I visited your site. I'll send one off right now. What a sweet and heart breaking request, one I'm glad to do! Take care Carolyn
Thank you so much for posting this sister's request. It takes so little to make a difference. I'll be back to visit your journal again.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
Post a Comment