Saturday, October 28, 2006

The value of a blog?

Gee, my blog isn't worth as much as Kate's at Analysis of Life! 

How do they figure out the value?

                                                             


My blog is worth $36,695.10.
How much is your blog worth?

You can find the value of yours as well by clicking on How Much is... within the graphic above. Then send me a link to your entry!
 
I also posted mine in the left About Me column.... I want to see if the value increases or decreases over time.  <grin>
 
But how do they get those numbers? When I submitted my beta url address, my journal received a tenth of the value the non-beta address received.Hmmm.... what is that all about?
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is a big round ZERO, Bea LOL

Anonymous said...

Don't stress about your dollar figure.  Mine is worth $0.  I want a recount.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent question.  Mine was about 33,000 or so. Thanks for the fun link.

But your nomination is wonderful and congratulations. The best of luck to you for the finals!

How can one put a worth on being a part of these excellent journal nominations? The worth is to the reader!!

Again, good luck, from a fellow nominee!

Jo

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING WANDERER, I AM HAPPY THAT YOU ARE READING MY JOURNAL.
    HAVE BEEN PRINTING OUT AND HAVING A COPY SHOP MAKE BOOKLETS FOR ME SO IF MEMORY FAILS CAN READ THE BOOKLETS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED BACK THEN.
     MY FOUR DAUGHTERS ARE QUALIFIED TEACHERS SO HAVE A HIGH REGARD FOR TEACHERS, AND EXCELLENT ONES DURING MY SCHOOL YEARS.
      I HAVE CLICKED THAT RED HEART UP THERE THAT PLACES YOU ON MY FAVORITES LIST.
    I LIKE YOUR ENTRIES, HAVE ONLY READ THE TWO LATEST ONES AND WILL CERTAINLY READ MORE.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE COMMUNICATION.      SAM

Anonymous said...

It's a Technorati thing.  Whatever http://www.technorati.com shows as the number of incoming links to your blog at that moment, this widget multiples by some dollar value, based on some silly monetary value per link estimate that someone made last year.  But Technorati doesn't always poll blogs when they're updated, it may occasionally double-count a blog such as By the Way so you get credit for two incoming links, and it doesn't consolidate alternate URLs (e.g. beta versions, etc.). And if Technorati is down, the result is $0. So it's a fun thing, but take it with several grains of salt!

http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/ = $39,517.80.

Karen

Anonymous said...

OK...so heres the question?..IF you could cash it in and never blog again, would you?....

~Raven

Anonymous said...

Raven, Heavens no.... maybe if it was offered as payment for a month's wages, perhaps, but not to quit entirely....LOL! good question. Bea